Car: S13

Post by Draco »

TIT SCARAPER.......you are a very sick boy....sick I tell you

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

Post by qewrty »

Dislex666 wrote:Can we wait for payday to do this? I had another flat tire and i think the rim might be in a bit of pain. So i'm driving around on the spare (When driving)

Will have it fixed next week and then we can go
Sounds like Phinx & derek are out of this round.

Let's make a plan when your tire is fixed. I'm hoping Caver can give my car a once over before then as well.

We going to do it both @1bar?
S14, bb gt2871r, 0.7 bar boost, status: hmmm, well, she starts but.. :roll:

Dislex666
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Dislex666 »

yup 1 bar - i'm too lazy to mix stuff to get the octane high enough for highboost :)

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by qewrty »

Dislex666 wrote:yup 1 bar - i'm too lazy to mix stuff to get the octane high enough for highboost :)
That's fine, probably will be better in terms of reliability in any way

You going to have co-pilot? Would be cool as I find it difficult to take photo's and dice at the same time.

dwayne
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by dwayne »

Dislex666 wrote:yup 1 bar - i'm too lazy to mix stuff to get the octane high enough for highboost :)
what fuel are you running. im using 95 can i also lift boost to 1bar curntly 0.8????
GOING SOME WHERE FAST!!!!!!! :-)

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

It depends on your turbo and fuelling set on the dyno and what you use for cooling, if you want a fast run on 1 bar it's ok but I won't recommend using it on 1 bar all the time and ofcourse listen for pinging, if that starts stop...very fast.

The more proffesional guy would tell you no....under no "sercumstances"
they are most propably right but I am not professional and I have done it before.... :roll:

dwayne
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by dwayne »

thanks man i will rather keep her @0.85 or so then she is strong. stays with a c55 so is that a good car to compare to?

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by qewrty »

dwayne wrote:
what fuel are you running. im using 95 can i also lift boost to 1bar curntly 0.8????
Dislex runs 1 bar on 95. I have water/meth but its disconnected at the moment so I might tune mine to run without it for now.

I think my water/meth doesn't work so well because it is firstly not progressive and so there's a smaller band of effectiveness in between too little and too much. The progressive system adjusts water/meth according to boost levels in a gradual fashion.

You can run 95 on most general applications at 1.0bar if the engine/cooling etc is ok. but if your tuner is struggling to get the AFR's/timing/pinging sorted then there are options like octane booster. I've heard a common thing is buying a 3ron or 4ron booster (whichevers the highest one) but then only add half a bottle to a tank petrol.

Running closed loop lamda should also help correcting afr's but I think it its to compensate for other afr factors, not rich/lean fuel, someone know?

dwayne
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by dwayne »

what power dif will 0.85 to 1 bar make 3kw?

Phinx
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Phinx »

Do you have A FMIC or a more efficient / higher flow Intercooler?

If not I really wouldn't even run 0.8 bar
A.K.A - Wonderboy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1993 Nissan 200 SX
148 Kw - 250 NM @ 0.55 bar. 1.8T ATW
1989 Toyota Corrola
63kw - 117nm 1.3- N/A
18.2 @118,4 Km - Rainbow Raceway

dwayne
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by dwayne »

no FMIC. cooler i got on is still the side mount but boostong 0.85 .and not droping at all when @ high revs

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

qewrty wrote: Running closed loop lamda should also help correcting afr's but I think it its to compensate for other afr factors, not rich/lean fuel, someone know?
From what I've read, one can never make decent power running closed loop... but again only what I've read.

I'm also not so sure how effective the water/meth is at cooling... Was comparing my air temps to ChemCools the otherday, my intercooler runs about 30deg less, but I can't really say this with confidence since I only saw his air temps once, and our our measuring method / sensor location is also different.
Hairdresser MX5

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by qewrty »

Vlade wrote:
qewrty wrote: Running closed loop lamda should also help correcting afr's but I think it its to compensate for other afr factors, not rich/lean fuel, someone know?
From what I've read, one can never make decent power running closed loop... but again only what I've read.

I'm also not so sure how effective the water/meth is at cooling... Was comparing my air temps to ChemCools the otherday, my intercooler runs about 30deg less, but I can't really say this with confidence since I only saw his air temps once, and our our measuring method / sensor location is also different.
I think water/meth does help and in CC's case is enough but I'm sure there are limits, I don't see CC running 1bar boost for instance.

If I was CC I'd get a small intercooler to help with cooling, esp 4 the next CA. But then again I guess CC = chemical cooling :P

For aesthetics I'm keeping my water/meth installed though, might just put 100% water in & use it to spray my intercooler, like an STI.

Other than something like Toluene does any1 have suggestions on fuel additives? Don't say gass :roll:

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

think water/meth does help and in CC's case is enough but I'm sure there are limits, I don't see CC running 1bar boost for instance.

If I was CC I'd get a small intercooler to help with cooling, esp 4 the next CA. But then again I guess CC = chemical cooling

For aesthetics I'm keeping my water/meth installed though, might just put 100% water in & use it to spray my intercooler, like an STI.

Other than something like Toluene does any1 have suggestions on fuel additives? Don't say gass
Yes I do run @ 1 bar. 1.3 Bar is the limit for no intercooler fitted. I dont want to go the route of FMIC. I will however upgrade to twin nozzles. One just after the turbo and the other like the current nozzle location in friont of TB. Then I think and I am optimistic that my temps will be similar or close to what Vlade has mentioned. In other words, the second nozzle will hopefully act in place of FMIC. Okies in America do this with great success.
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by qewrty »

ChemCool wrote:
think water/meth does help and in CC's case is enough but I'm sure there are limits, I don't see CC running 1bar boost for instance.

If I was CC I'd get a small intercooler to help with cooling, esp 4 the next CA. But then again I guess CC = chemical cooling

Other than something like Toluene does any1 have suggestions on fuel additives? Don't say gass
Yes I do run @ 1 bar. 1.3 Bar is the limit for no intercooler fitted. I dont want to go the route of FMIC. I will however upgrade to twin nozzles. One just after the turbo and the other like the current nozzle location in friont of TB. Then I think and I am optimistic that my temps will be similar or close to what Vlade has mentioned. In other words, the second nozzle will hopefully act in place of FMIC. Okies in America do this with great success.
OK 8)

I would still like someone to check out your block when you swap them around. Want to see if any wear and tear is not distributed equally due to water/meth, also want to see if there's rust.

I trust the science behind it but my car sounds funny when the meth kicks in. CC, come for a drive so you can tell me if its similar to yours. Of course caver needs to fix mine first.