Is drifting bad..........

It's all about going side ways YO!

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

Post by Draco »

OOOO Mr. calibrater peed on some batteries there!

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

so maybe just do a couple of corners at a time - then idle, repeat - so that the oil can get everywhere it's supposed to? (like what i do when having sex) - see there is a comparison!

VoodooMaster
Slipping Clutch

Post by VoodooMaster »

Calibrator thanx for the great analysis of the problem that faces us. We need possible solutions to our problem. It's not gonna be much fun trying to control the itch on my foot and the fact that a bend/parking lot causes my accelerator foot to pull stiff in the same way the thought of Angenila Jollie's lip wrapped around my wartless D!ck cause a stiffy.

I already have a problem concentrating on too many things while drifting, it's my foot; the clutch; rev counter; the E-brake(handbrake); which gear I'm in; drift angle; does my hair look good enough for the photos; is the chick with that white bikini top impressed?. I don't think I'll be able to still add a Oil Temp and Oil pressure which I sill need to monitor.
The only thing better than going FAST,
Is Going FAST SIDEWAYS.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

VoodooMaster wrote: I don't think I'll be able to still add a Oil Temp and Oil pressure which I sill need to monitor.
well dude. he is right you know!!! but you do what you must do. its part of maintenance. you get medicine that cures the symptoms and then you get preventative medicine. watching gauges is preventative, if you know what to look for. but its generally quite easy! get a vast array of readouts like water temp, boost, oil pressure, oil temp (engine, gearbox, diff), fuel pressure, lambda, etc, etc and you wont be sorry!!!

you dont have to watch them while in a corner, but when you have time just give them a glance. if something is not right, have it sorted out! far better (and cheaper) than the medicine that cures the symptoms!!! for example, i didnt watch boost, and it was too much for my turbo. symptom = broken turbo. cure = between 4 and 11 grand. much cheaper to watch a gauge and sort the problem on the spot!

and i'm sure part of the reason my lifters are going is age. because i dont practice what i preach, and deep down i prefer ignorant bliss!!! so i reckon if i ignore the problem for long enough it will go away!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

and i forgot to mention that we've had the oil collection in the sump discussion before, but i cant remember the conclusion!!! voodoo go back and check the tech section for it!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

The Calibrator
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by The Calibrator »

MAybe this what you are looking for.
Solutiuons to your drift induced problems?
Problem: Engine pumping oil out of breather
Solution: Rebuild the engine properly with top quality components
Cost: +- R20 000 to R30 000

Problem: Oil overheating
Solution: Fit a decent oil cooler
Cost: +- R2500 for quality components not cheapass Chinese stuff

Problem: Oil Surge
Solution: Fit a hi capacity baffled sump
Cost +- R2000 or R3000 once again not cheapass Chinese stuff.

Having mechanical sympathy and the ability to understand the stresses of what you are doing.
Priceless.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

The Calibrator wrote:MAybe this what you are looking for.
Solutiuons to your drift induced problems?
Problem: Engine pumping oil out of breather
Solution: Rebuild the engine properly with top quality components
Cost: +- R20 000 to R30 000

Having mechanical sympathy and the ability to understand the stresses of what you are doing.
Priceless.
hehehe :wink:

Anthony
Slipping Clutch

Post by Anthony »

Sokar wrote:To sum up, drifting is the worstest most worst thing you can do to a car, at least when "racing" a car the manufacturers made a little consession that the car might be pushed every now and again, they didnt even dream of making them drift for a living.

The biggest strain is on the chassis and suspension parts, engine does take strain, but the RPM's arent that high (myself in full drift sits at about 5k rpm and never gets close to redline, never hit limiter in a drift either)

But its not all candy and ice cream, things break, especially things that you've either neglected or "spoeg and plaked" before. Make sure your car is tip top before you start and even then expect the occasional turbo gasket or clutch to go, as I keep saying, tyres are the cheapest part of the sport

One thing I've seen myself, if you sit back and save money to be able to drift one day, you'll almost never get there, just go for it and handle the shit when it comes afterwards.

Well in reality - bushes need chaniging, regular oil changes, bolt check, nut check, wait i see them, they still fine and of course a wall and all!!!

Remember that a car is pushed to its limit when they design and develop cars, sideways, breaking, steering etc. That is why it is a good idea to have a set of upgrade suspension parts - helps alot of protection on the chassis and other vital parts
1997 Nissan 200sx S14
13B Turbo
D2 CoilOvers

PLENTY horse PoWeR - lol

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

we are at wesbank at least once a week destroying our daily drives
Who said that??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

If you want to do drifting fit a dry sump. It is a lot harder to heat up 9Lt of oil than heating up our petty 3.5Lt. Also it will always give lubrication no matter if you on a straight or in a drift.

The Calibrator
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by The Calibrator »

Drysump is the hotness, if you are a gazzilionaire.

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

why? my car has had the 'dry sump treatment' lotsa times! jeesh, these japs (with their small hands) have thunk of everything!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

The Calibrator wrote:Drysump is the hotness
thats awesome - not the kind of words that i'd expect to hear from you, but awesome to be surprised like that!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I think dry sumps go for about R9000 for a good one.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Gary57 wrote:I think dry sumps go for about R9000 for a good one.
sweet - i'll take two! 8)