Demigod...The hopefull quest for more...

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

Post by Draco »

POWDER wrote:Ha ha, I figure, but which part, the "flying" shoes, the the lightning "bolt" or the really cute chick that kicks ass.... Lol....

P.S. Did u see her eye's? WOW
The demigod part....

her eyes....I was to busy staring at her boobs and but....and the hair....and the body....but yes...she had some eyes on her.... :lol:

POWDER
Club Rep
Engine: SR

Post by POWDER »

Ha ha ha, ye well, tis the first time I watched in on bluray, so I could actually see her eyes this time, lol.

O MY GOSH, THOSE BOOBS, Now that is definately the highlight of the entire movie, and that body did look good in that outfit.... Anyway, I better stop drooling now.....
Carpe Diemotor - Sieze the motor today
- Nissan 200SX S13 92' SR20DET
http://200sx.za.net/phpBB3/garage_vehic ... cle&VID=14

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Update:

installed the 950cc injectors yesterday, had some issues, after i got the fueling ok the engine only ran on 2 celynders, it turned out to be 2 injectors not working...so I gave them some electrical resussitation.....and walla....running on all 4's

I am worried though....I reduced my overall trim from 39% to 0 because the injectors are huge....on my fuel map it idles at over 2 ms....for 950cc thats alot of fuel to idle....isn't it????

So the question begs....is it 950cc :evil: :?:

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I took an injector out again today and made a home test kit....turns out the 950's are not 950's.....they turned out to be 750's....

I at least have 750cc's to work with.....not what I bought but at least....

Now the question is....why is the ms's so high on idle???????

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

Hey Draco, I cant answer your question Im afraid.
I just wanted to say nice work so far and I'l be keeping my eye on this thread :wink:

I need to come round one day again and say howsit
sig[/sig]

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Hey Daniel...thanks....it will be a while before I can go ahead with the turbo and so forth....I have a huge garage which I can not het my cars into because the doors were made smaller....untill I get into the garage...that stage of the upgrade will wait....

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

So...got into some tuning....got the idle nice and stable, preceously when I drove and the car went into boost the engine smothered and almost died....now I got it as far as boosting and pulling hard to 7000rpm.

Still have to sort the lower middle of the fuel map out, has some hesitation/smother before it starts gunning....as soon as I am allowed time again :roll: I can try and sort that....

Starts very good and it seems I have the temp adjustments close to home....

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Had a few minutes again :roll: ...got the stumble lower in the rev range, it is now before boost, then it pulls like a mofo....still abit lean over the whole range, already datalogged and adjusted fuel map...just need to load and see what it does.

As for my high ms problem, I found out it is because of injector latency, after some more research and asking myself alot of questions and research, I found that my battery voltage compensation table will help rectify the injector "dead time" or latency....you normally get a table form the injector manufacturer to compinsate....unfortunately I don't have a clue what injectors it is so I won't have the correct compensation table.

Of what I have researched, the dead time increases as the volts decrease and revs climb....so I have to play it by "ear"...I will generally increase the voltage compensation curve to get it somehwere near the ball park...and better than it is now.

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Great that you are making progress! :D
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Rome wasn't build in a day.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Thanks guys....Rome could be built :D faster if the builders were allowed to work :roll:

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I orgenized some free time on saterday, got in the car, loaded the richer map with the voltage comp. It made one hell of a difference, the car idled sick because of the voltage compens....so I sat a bit sorting the idle....what do you know...it did not idle at over 2 ms any more....

After that was sort, I started to leave my home, was on my way to Charl to do some data logging and in one shot sommer see the Z32 the bugger got.

So I started to drive, I pretty soon saw that the richer map + the voltage compens. was heavy overfueling...did not want to boost and spitting dark clouds...so I stopped at a place and loaded the leaner map i had before and just added the voltage compensation...

All I can say is that the acceleration was scary, hesitation gone, it pulled like a demon, I can honestly say I had shivers.....then I turned on the datalogging and wanted to do a few 3rd gear pulles at different boost levels....and then.....

For one thing...the first...the computer frose up(laptop)....then I heard the sound I have heard before....the turbo hitting the engine mount on boost ( some time back the same thing happend and after investigating I found that the engine flexed so much under boost that the compression housing hit the engine mounting...so I took a piece of the mounting off) while I was busy I decided to make the mounting solid...so how it is hitting now I am still to investigate.

In anycase, it seems that this caused a leak between the turbo and manifold....it now leaks so bad that there is very little acceleration....it sounds like a tractor....

I at least now know 2 things, the voltage compensation makes one hell of a difference and that my fuel map is close to the ball park....

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Could you see if its just the bolts that came loose?

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Not really, just parked the car when i got home....but thats the only thing that makes sense....if the gasget just blew it could not leek as bad as it does...

Adrian
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Adrian »

My car did that once. It sounded like a tracktor them I keept on re tightning the turbo to the manifold and same shit . My problem was the studs keept comming lose so I had to tighten the studs then lock up the turbo.