Senshi - Project "Evangelion" Full Blown Street Drift

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

POWDER
Club Rep
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Post by POWDER »

I need some help guys, December is coming and I can't decide on my christmas present to myself....

O.K. I suppose I should get to the point....

MDU Coilovers ? Or BC Coilovers ? Budget is about R10 000 for suspension at the moment so I am limited to one of these...

Good point vs bad points please if possible.... I don't really know what to look for when it comes to this stuff, I just played with springs and lowered shocks before....
Carpe Diemotor - Sieze the motor today
- Nissan 200SX S13 92' SR20DET
http://200sx.za.net/phpBB3/garage_vehic ... cle&VID=14

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

Only know the BC coilovers and they where very nice in shanes car. My D2's were also quiet good when i took my car for a ride.

I could drive those cars as a daily.
Hot Plates are Sexy

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

rat wrote:Only know the BC coilovers and they where very nice in shanes car. My D2's were also quiet good when i took my car for a ride.

Shot Rat I should actually have mentioned, that's actually the point.... Daily Driveable, but must also work well for the occasional drift session.... And preferably Blue in color to fit the rest of the blue thing, color not important though....

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

POWDER wrote:
rat wrote:Only know the BC coilovers and they where very nice in shanes car. My D2's were also quiet good when i took my car for a ride.

Shot Rat I should actually have mentioned, that's actually the point.... Daily Driveable, but must also work well for the occasional drift session.... And preferably Blue in color to fit the rest of the blue thing, color not important though....
Powder....from my point of view it's simple....all coil overs have settings....softer harder in out :) .... :) you just need to know what to set it for...when you go for track or drifting...set it for that....simple....

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

6. Garrett T28 BB Turbo Install

OK, So the original plans changed with my impatientness...

Well here it is T3/T4 Garrett K.O. with AR 0.48 Exhaust Housing... Nough said...

Now to get the thing in...
Last edited by POWDER on Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

9. Full house carpc install including afm management on 7"Touch screen

Is it incar entertainment? Is it a fuel management system? Is it a GPS? Is it a DVD Player? Is it a Music Center? Yup it's all of these..

In car PC.... It's da Nitz....

Complete in car PC, 7" Multi Purpose Touch Screen & 400Watt Power Inverter
Incar PC built with Intel Atom mainboard (6" X 6" Size) , 1 Gig 800Mhz RAM , 250Gig Laptop Hard Drive running on SATA, Procase ultra Mini 250Watt Power supply, Onboard 7.1 Surround Sound, 6 X USB, Wireless LAN Adaptor, USB GPS Dongle , etc. etc. etc.
As you can, all the ports I would ever need to do anything....
And the 400Watt Power Inverter that makes it all possible, Hey I can even plug in a laptop or a plazma or a projector (Mobile Drive in, ha ha ha) at the same time....

Even though the fiberglass box for it took me a bit of time to make.... I think I am going to change it out for Plexiglass instead.....

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

O and ... I GET MY NISMO Oil filler cap on monday / Tuesday... Yay, first true Nismo item on my car....

P3g4sus
Club Drifter
Car: Supra
Engine: 2JZ

Post by P3g4sus »

Holy hell Powder!!!! What the hell is your insurance going to say about that?! :P :P

Looking freaking awesome!!! Now only thing you need is a PS3 with GT5 in there! :twisted: :twisted:
Power is nothing without control,
Control is not fun without power.
Traction is over rated. :twisted:

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

Ha ha, please don't Jinx me again, no insurance yet, but starting at end feb for R1000 for Getz Nizzy and House.... Not to bad that.... Fits nicely into my Budget

Only 3rd party fire n theft though on the Nizzy...

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

P3g4sus wrote: Looking freaking awesome!!! Now only thing you need is a PS3 with GT5 in there! :twisted: :twisted:
Waiting for the slim line mini PS3, as u know, space is a problem in these beauties....

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

- 5.1 After Market Fuel Pressure Regulator

O.K. So this was not in my original project list but it will be now....

Had to get one since my original one was a bit of a waste and probebly as I have been told, will not keep up. Bonus as well is that now I can check my fuel pump pressure myself to see if tuners are trying to bull S#!+ me....

Came with only the black tube braided hose, luckily Craig at Turbo Toys was feeling a little generous and passed me the braided hosing he had left from another kit that he had sold and the customer only wanted the FPR. O thanks to that customer for leving that to me too.
As you can see, all the bits are there, including fittings etc.
I thinks da blue looks so pudy, and will fit in nicely with my motors color scheme...
Hmmmm.... Lovely..... can handle upto 10bar pressure, not that I will even need that much, ha ha ha.... I'd crud my pants before my car goes that fast.... lol
Lockable setting screw's, I love these, just there to remind you how easy it is to #uc* things up...
And the Part I was most willing to pay for, steel braided hosing.... I love this stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

11.c. Some stickers
d. Bonnet Holder Grommit

Just some things for fun (And functionality on others)

Aesthetics - The pursuit to make things look better (Hopefully)
Thanks to DinoSX from Meguiar's for the funky looking stickers, I will be taking some of the polish soon too cuz, just as soon as she is running and I wanna show her off a little...
Dino, you were right, the silver stickers do fit well with the standard badging...
A Japanese "Advanced Driver" sticker, which I found out afterwards actually means "Senior Driver" but in context , ye it does mean Advanced... ha ha
Just had to replace the Bonnet Holder Grommet, mine was broken out and the bloody thing kept slipping, awww my head is sore....

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

12. Oil Filter Re-locator and pressure switch

Hmmmm.... This was and is being done not for the looks, even though it does look good, but for functionality and easy filter changes... We all know what a mission it is getting to a SR20DET oil filter.

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

7. 2 core Alu S14 radiator install with 2 X 12" Fans

Some magic all weather foam, this stuff has like 1001 uses, but here I am going to use it to protect my new radiator.
As you can see, I couldn't figure out how to hold the 2 X 12" fans together, so I used some Pratley Steel Putty, this stuff is seriously amazing...
Since the S14 water bottle is on the other side, I figured to use a 9Deg bend from the gardening plumbing section at Mega Mica, now at least the pipe wont kink closed anymore...
Hmmmm, I seem to find like 100d's of uses for aluminum plating too. This round it made brackets to hold the radiator in place... Luckily the bottom of the radiator fit perfectly into the original radiators mounts.
As you can see, both the fans connected up to the one fan switch, just hope it wont bring down the life expectancy of the switch, O well...
And here is where I used the all to wonderful all weather foam to protect the radiator.. R25 a roll.... Not bad.... Lets see where else I can use it.. Bwha Ha ha ha (Evil Laugh)
And Vouala, I think it looks just as good as some of yours... (Grin)
And here you can see 2X 12" Fans fit perfectly.... I just have to figure out how I will mount them with out damaging the radiator with screws n things, I'm thinking the Aluminum plating will come in usefull here once again.....

Adrian
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Adrian »

man you have got sume nice new toys...
your set up is looking awesome................