News about upcoming events

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

SX's on the 1/4 mile at wesbank

Post by Draco »

Toby,
we have spoken for some while now of making an event for us sx guys to run the 1/4 mile against each other without the normal shlep at wesbank where you need to join a 100m line.

Myself and Freddy went to wesbank urly this wednesday and it was quiet, the 1/4 mile track was open and there was some urly birds making a run or so without waiting in lines, maybe you can orginise an event where we gather there urly on a wednesday for a FRIENDLY sx 1/4 mile run, as soon as it gets busy we park off and enjoy the rest of the night watching the rest race.

What do you and others think?

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

That's a nice plan! How early is early? :?
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

From about 18h00

gremlin
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by gremlin »

I think thats a great idea. Last time i tried, i waited in the line for an hour and when I was second from the front they closed the lanes. Pissed me off
PICO Drifter

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

good with the bad

Post by qewrty »

I'm glad I only met you guys now. If I joined the club when I got my 200sx I would've had a wrecked motor in the lanes before I could get around to changing the turbo. ;)

When my car gets back though I'll be in a better technical position to do a few races. I doubt they would've let me race in the condition that it is in anyway. I have a bit of an oil problem. Oil coming out of the boost pipes is apparently a bad sign. :shock:

What basic S14 suspension bits can I do before doing the coilovers (which cost abt R7000 or R8000 from CRS, fitted). I was thinking strut braces to start off with but not sure where I can get it from, CRS sounds expensive in general but it seem that they are good at suspension.

We should also try for events in daylight as it makes photography easier. My camera's flash is just as bad as some LED flashes found in cell phones. I have new unit on order and a DSLR in the pipeline. Until I have my car back photography is about the only thing I can focus.

Dislex666
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Dislex666 »

we should go race at illegal2legal - all the fking kids with there corsas and golfs don't waste there money on that stuff :)

so you get timed runs to boot.

As for suspension mods qewrty - i'm prolly gonna be selling met Tein S.tech springs soon. That's enough to get rid of most of the axle tramp etc

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S14

illegal2legal

Post by qewrty »

sounds like a plan dislex666. i also want to convince florin from the sliders club to take on a few people including some sx's. On that occasion I'll have two cameras; one for each end :)

I'll need some coaching and stuff, having not done any official drags ever, some top end runs on the n/m roads don't count.

This might not sound like much but I also used to play a lot of driving games like NFS ;)

Speaking of which I have awesome driving games for PSP/PS2/PC/DC.

I'm thinking of dropping my PS2 into the car, not now but later and it must still be removable coz my PS2 has a 160gb hdd that will die if its in the car every day. But I do want to make provision for the power [via 12 socket i think] and sound. This is more for music and playing D1 GP (proper drifting game) while waiting in the lane queues @ wesbank :twisted:

I am going to try out several simulator type software though, I already got it. I was going to get a full simulator at home, but then remembered I had an S14 that was getting a bit boring [initially the stock S14 + air filter is a nice upgrade to a sentra 1600]. These should help the drifting/track/gymkhana people more though as you should be able to give it a track and it should work out the faster lines/corner speeds etc, based on your vehicle's setup. At which point you might start seeing the value in the software. Theoretically anyway. I'll let you guys know how it goes, I have time available until I have my car back, but I'll be ready then ;)

Drop me a line when you do Dislex666

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

i would recommend the polyurethane suspension bushes wholeheartedly. i cannot stress enough the difference that they made to my s13.

although there are polyurethane bits in the kit, i would personally for the solid sub frame bushes, but this can tend to make the car unpleasant to drive for some people.

another really good mod that i did, in terms of bushes, was to replace the squishy rubber steering column bush with a solid aluminium that i had made at my engineers! this made a huge difference on my steering. whereas my steering column could move laterally about 10cm's before hte mod, after i replaced it with the solid bush, the column couldn't move around at all!!!

oh... strut bars are an excellent idea. and check vlade's rebuild post for the lower sub frame strut bar!

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

I'm gonna be there...

I dont think there's a post about this yet, but what are you're guys' 1/4 mile times.

Most of the cars here are "relatively" stockish :P (sept Dislex :shock: )
Captain Slow to the rescue!

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

BTW: While we at quarter mile times.Toby and me decided to add your car specs into the cellphone application. Sokar is on. Toby is there, Me, Snooby, Jay Boy..... Basically copied from your signature's :lol: You check it out under option 3.Info. You then search e.g.toby and there you are. Specs on the run. If you want to compare or look up or whatever and not infront of your computertjies. :lol: :lol: If yours is not listed, give me a shout and we rectify that. :wink:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

are the specs available on the computertjie???

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Only if you read ppl's sigs :-) Would you guys like a section on the site where we put up member's info?
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

i would. and can u make it so that we can upload pics without hosting them somewhere else?????

cos i shkeem that would be pielle!!!

Jay_boy
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Jay_boy »

k guys, myself and charel is going to have a little friendly computition we going to have a little drag race wednesday :-) we took each other on on the street but it was inconclusive so we taking it on the track just want to measure each other up and see what happens, old school ca18 vs new school sr20 lol is there anyone else who wants to join in the fun? Come on freddy? Derek? Anyone?
Sucks gas and hauls ass! Catch my DRIFT????

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Defenitly time to do this. Must do it. Wednesday slighly to quick on me.
But sure you wont mind arranging event again ?? Ok
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!