News about upcoming events

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Jay_boy
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: S13
Engine: SR

illigal to legal at westbank 26\01

Post by Jay_boy »

hi guys the 26 of jan there is a illigal to legal as westbank there is gona be some nice drag racing the theme is german vs japanees we gona be practicing some drifting aswell till we run out of tires then catch up on some drag racing :-) it would be great to have a good turn out of sx's i know its short notice but hey such is life! Hope to see you guys there, Ps entrance is R40 per person
Sucks gas and hauls ass! Catch my DRIFT????

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Why not? :lol:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

If not? :lol:

Puls0nic
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Puls0nic »

I might go poke my nose there, even though I dont have a proper car... :cry:

Nothing like motivation to convince myself to rob a bank! :twisted:
Future fence sitter

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

on a friday?

Puls0nic
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Puls0nic »

Yip! :D Although it might start a bit late because of the weekend traffic. (Says me that have to travel from PTA. :( )
Future fence sitter

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

naa, tomorrow will never come

but if it did, how many so far?
iwannakam

Ian
Slipping Clutch

wesbank

Post by Ian »

Count me in, I've been wanting to watch the guys drifting SX's for a while now. I will be the my white SX.

How do you get to the drift section at wesbank?

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

so we wont notice you then in the sea of other white sx's!

i have a metallic grey sx - but i wont be there in it, cos i still haven't had the chance to make things right and not drive it like a granny.

i may be there in an xtrail though, maybe i should try a few 4WD drifts!!!

Ian
Slipping Clutch

Post by Ian »

White or not a SX demands respect!!!

I will look out for your Xtrail, what time do you guys normally get there/start. I staying in Oakdene and depending on traffic I can be there from 6:00pm. Cheers.

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Ian, looking forward to meet you. We normally park infront of Louis Lima.
Easy to walk over to the gat gooi okies.
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

so many sx's

Post by qewrty »

I didn't really arrange to meet anyone at Wesbank. Toby wasn't going to come and I was just taking some clips of the scoobies of the gymkhana club.

One or two drivers really knew what they were doing and the rest made me feel better about my own driving.

Then as I watched the ramp that comes onto the oval I saw what is surely the most beautiful heart-pulling sight for any nissan owner: the first of a whole convoy of 200sx's pulling in one after the other.. Almost immediately people were flocking down past the drags and scoobie kids towards the smaller stands and the "pit" area where the cars parked.

I was blown away by the contingency of drift club members and intimidated by the mods they had. It's about the first time ever I pitched up at some forum event first before knowing them virtually.

I'm shit with names though and can't remember anyone by name; but it was great meeting all of you, especially Freddie.

I'll have pics and vids up later the day or tomorrow. If you want any photos printed [well my flash was sucky this time around] I can arrange that or you can just get the hq files from me and use for whatever.

The guy in the RWD skyline is my hero. Didn't catch his name, also didn't want to interrupt him as he was putting on a tremendous show. Some of his drifts were beautiful and borderline fatal :twisted:

He gave a few people rides and I'm sure they were well impressed

The crowd was also active making noise almost on queue, giving credit where it was due and thoroughly enjoying the action.

While we where walking around the 200's taking photo's and evaluating setups [especially interior gauges as I want to do mine just right] a car on the strip caught a light. :shock: I heard later it was a methane fueled car but whatever it was we could see flames and smoke all the way from where we were.

That girl on Discovery channel who calles herself "the drag queen" was there. She looked grumpy so I didn't ask her for a pose but I took a few shots of her dragster, anyway.

The rest of the evening was spent checking out some crazy bike drags [267km/h] and all kinds of other Wesbank typical performances.

Need to sort ou t my camera gear as I have a feeling the race scene is going to rock this year.
8)

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

JD. Thank you and nice meeting you and your wife. Thanks for the pics effort. Surely I must get hold of them. And to prove or not to prove to any one out there the vibrant 200sx owners club we are, out of the mouth of JD himself. Yes we took over by showing of the engine bays. Some added value to the spectators I would say. Oh and the bar had Amstel Drafts for me and I enjoyed that for sure. I also met Ian and to hold out with some other stout gat gooi gat sx owners called JayBoy, Snoobs and Veecee and Widomaker to name a few. Awesome evening and we missed you TOBY :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: And Nuren rocked up late so as Derek and we got both of them parked in the sx row sqeezed in. Was close to upset other car owners parking at our place :lol: :lol: Correct me if i am wrong, but there were 10x sx's? :wink:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

i was there in my gawd damn x trail, stupid sx!!!!

oh well, it will be running tomorrow (*holds thumbs*)

aaaaannnnnnnnyyyywwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyy...

the drifting by florin was wikked.
the lineup of sx's was awesome.
the rx7 in the mix was schweet.
the crowds that the small side event drew was indicative of the power of the dorifto!

the rest of the event was also cool, specially the gymkhana with the evo8 and the scoobs!

welcome to the new peeps, wasssssssssssuuuuuuupppppppp to the regulars!

i'm gonna find money to drift my pigsx!

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Veecee, the closest the x trail comes to the sx, is the x in sx. :lol: :lol: :roll:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER