Charl: My rebuild and questions

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Charl
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Charl: My rebuild and questions

Post by Charl »

Sory if these qeustions are answered in other posts, but im using my phone to view the forum etc and it takes 4ever to browse this way...

How do i take these oil sprays out? Its not an 11mm socket nor is 3/8 and i am scared of rounding the head. I think they are overtightend way to much

The shells for the main bearings and for the big ends, aswell as rings for the pistons, any sugestions who to go to for these?
Might do these myself, but places that will do balancing of the rods and grinding of the crank and mesuring the pistons?
200SX Catch my DRIFT?

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Howsit Charl, I took my squirter's out with a normal socket no special tools used, can't remember the size but I think it was a 10... I can go double check if I need to.

Bearings I sourced from Rezlo, but previously I sourced bearings from my local parts shop, my engineer could also supply me with ACL (Normal/Non Race) bearings.

I still have some of these in lying around if you need any

ACL (Non Race) .5 oversize rod bearings
STD size piston rings.
Hairdresser MX5

Charl
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Charl »

thanx alote vlade. ill let u know as soon as I get the crank and things inspected
200SX Catch my DRIFT?

The Calibrator
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by The Calibrator »

Its a 10mm socket but due to the shape of the bolt it has to be a 12 point socket.
Take the crank and pistons out 1st its a lot easier to get in there then.

Take all your engineering work to Allan Y Brink in Mayville speak to Kevin they are the only guys I will use.

Charl
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Charl »

:arrow:
Last edited by Charl on Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
200SX Catch my DRIFT?

Charl
0.3 Bar Boost

figures

Post by Charl »

Im just thinking about the power figures my car is producing. The power only comes in at the top, geuss its beacause of the big turbo.

Has any one got any sugestions about making the most out of these figures at the top end?
Maybe mod so that the engine can rev higher or should i change the turbo?
200SX Catch my DRIFT?

Charl
0.3 Bar Boost

Fuel

Post by Charl »

The pictures are'nt very good, But can any one please tell me if these are the stock injectors and fuel pump. The injectors had black coating on it which flaked off with a bit of rubbing.
Neither the pump or injectors say nissan or walbro or something like that on it, but to me these items look stock. If they are stock. I would like to know how my car produced 191 kw and 300 Nm which i have a dyno paper of

200SX Catch my DRIFT?

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

its difficult to say from the pics, but the injectors look stock... on the side where the plug sits there is bunch of numbers, if you post them here we can verify if they are stock or not...

Pump... can't comment, that is the last untouched part in my car.
Hairdresser MX5

Charl
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Charl »

the injectors are: A 46-00
I'll get the pump' later
200SX Catch my DRIFT?

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Hmmm A46-00 sounds exactly like standard (I am sure of the A46 part). The fuel pump "looks" like my stock one, except that it's way too clean to be stock, unless it was recently replaced. If you look carefully along the side of the injector where the "A46-00" is, you should see the outline of the (old) nissan logo, which will confirm that it is indeed a nissan part.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

the numbers for the injectors are found on top of the plastic housing that holds the electrical connection.

the number should also be longer than you quoted from what i can remember.

a little story from my car - i thought i had stock injectors. they were leaking so i took them to be flow tested, and fixed if possible. turns out they were flowing 206cc per minute, whereas the stock ones should flow 370cc/min.

when i finally got some of the proper injectors, they looked exactly the same, but the numbers were totally different.

only problem is that i cant remember the numbers!!! but somebody will have the part number stored somewhere!

the fuel pump looks similar to my stock one, but again i cant really say. mine had the nissan hamburger stamped into it somewhere on the housing. but it was a greenish colour, not blueish like yours- so i dunno.

just get a walbro, they make a world of difference!

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

I was thinking about this flow rate story. At how many bars of fuel pressure would it flow 370cc/min? Maybe when they flow tested it, it wasn't the right pressure. Even the viscosity of the liquid they use might affect it, since they don't use petrol during the injector tests.

To be sure, I'll be taking my stock 370cc together with my new-but-leaking injectors (which have exactly the same number on the side) and get them to test the two against each other.

Regarding the fuel pump, my filter also had a green plastic rib inside and it looks a bit smaller, tho it's hard to say. Can post pics tomorrow if I remember to take a pic, otherwise you're welcome to come to my place and compare your fuel pump to the stock one I have.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Charl, you got somebody elses dyno results man. :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Charl
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Charl »

thanx for the offer toby, might just pop up there and see how ur doing on ur car.

as for a walbro pump. I just need to get the car running again for now. later in the year ill be able to up the power on it.

fredie says: Charl, you got somebody elses dyno results man.

I thaught about this too. but the way the power curve runs on the papers I have look identical just about. ill post these tonight.

but all this is just speculation. when I'm done with the rebuild ill just give it to mr Calibrator and then ill know what's what

ok I cleaned the injectors and magicaly some more numbers appeared : the nissan badge is also on it, what's the chance that their of a 300zx. numbers are 0G080 1Y01D :oops:
200SX Catch my DRIFT?

Dislex666
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Dislex666 »

Here'r the part numbers for the 2 different injectors
I can't find anything matching the numbers you gave tho charl?
Last edited by Dislex666 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.