Repair and braai @ Toby's Place - 14th Jan 2007

News about upcoming events

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

widowmaker
200SX Maniac
Car: S13

Post by widowmaker »

HEY! wheres my high five???
you sure that i didn't have a spot of innuendo in mind when i was bragging about my puller? eh? eh? how long do you know me now?

I DEMAND MY HIGH FIVE!!! - (otherwise i wont show you my puller or my handle)
Last edited by widowmaker on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Sorry the directions are a bit cryptic 'cos I had to try to fit it in the limited characters. Phone me if you are unsure (number is in the phonebook of the cell app).
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

I think this was sorta arranged in the last hour or so... :lol:
Hairdresser MX5

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

Toby wrote:Sorry the directions are a bit cryptic 'cos I had to try to fit it in the limited characters. Phone me if you are unsure (number is in the phonebook of the cell app).
Found you! Its easy...
Hairdresser MX5

SnoobY
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by SnoobY »

am i stupid or wat???? where can i find the 'cryptic' directions
Car: white 1993 200sx(s13)

MODS: Cone Filter
63mm stainless steel exhaust
320mm Grooved & vented Brake Disc's
Nex Street Coil overs

If it dont go..... slap on a turbo

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

On the cellphone app. Dial *120*444*2000#. Select Events -> Show next 10 events -> Repair & Braai @ Toby's Place.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

More help. Once you see the main menu, choose option number, but first hit answer/reply then option nmber.Then send/ok. Some phones option first then send/ok
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Whoops had to update the directions on the cell app 'cos I left something out. So now it's even more cryptic :-) My place is in Midrand, and the directions take you from olifantsfontein offramp on the N1 highway between New road and Samrand offramps.

If I can't take my SX to an event... I'll take the event to the SX :-) Heh heh heh :P

Jay_boy
0.3 Bar Boost
Engine: SR

Post by Jay_boy »

ok toby it sounds good, count me in will bring my hydraulic puller it is a breeze will bring some tools too! :-) sounds good! Been waiting for an excuse for a get together :-)
Sucks gas and hauls ass! Catch my DRIFT????

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Toby, thank you for hosting the braai. Although I was slighly tired caused by the sunburn during the drifting event, I really enjoyed the day at your place. Nice looking at all the vids and pics on big screen!!!. We also had a quick lesson on removing the 200sx head from the engine. Learning day by day and thanks for Vlade, Veecee and Jay Boy sharing some knowledge with us. Being part of the 200sx club is just awesome. If you dont belong to this forum/200sx, you dont belong :roll: :roll: Our 200sx club is the place to be. Someone bet to differ???? :twisted: :twisted: We learn, we drift, we braai, we meet, we drive 200sx :D :D we are technically advanced(forum,programmers,cell applications, and just good vibrant members).
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

Was fun meeting some more people from the club and tearing apart another SX :twisted:

Sorry I left early my house hunting expedition took a little longer than expected :oops:

But Toby we'll have your SX running soon, doesn't look like there is anything obscurely wrong that can't be fixed... Now its just the block and then the stuff must be dropped at an engineer. :wink:
Hairdresser MX5

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Couldn't have said it better, ChemCool :-) The repair & braai was awesome! Thanks to all the guys that attended - Veecee and buddy, Jay_boy, Snooby, ChemCool, and Vlade.

We started off with snacks and drinkks, just chatting about SX's and standing around my car deciding what needs to be done. Then Vlade and I doned our overalls we all got stuck in! First we got the crank pulley off. Here's the trick - put the car in fifth gear, rather than first gear - this will put much more stopping power on the crankshaft, allowing you to get the crank pulley bolt off! After inspection of the crank pulley, there is significant damage around the keyway, but nothing too serious - should be able to get it fixed by an engineering shop.

Then, seeing as the crank pulley came off in record time, I hinted that maybe the head should come off :D :D (Hey, one can always try...) No sooner had I said that, and the guys were already removing all the connectors and hoses, and about 15 minutes later, the head was off!! Unbelievable!!

At this point we decided that was plenty of progress, so we moved onto the braai side of the event. First we fired up the charcoal, and while that was happening, we watched all the photos and videos from the drifting event on Saturday on the "big screen" (projector). Then we copied photos and videos between us, played a bit of "GTR Racing" on the PC. By this time we'd forgotten all about the charcoal, which had mostly burnt out, so we put some more on, and started the braai. The rest of the afternoon and evening we just ate, drank, and chatted. Snooby was entertaining us with his "sound effects" :-)

It's always fantastic to meet up with you guys. I really had loads of fun and am deeply grateful for all the help and knowledge I've received from you guys regarding my SX. I think this "repair & braai" is a great concept, and hope we have more in future!

Pics will be posted to the site during the week...

"Many hands make light work..."

SnoobY
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by SnoobY »

hey tody that braai thing was the ultimate in relaxed sunday afternoons.... but my "sound effects" would be better, if my voice was not gone..... any way thanks again.
Car: white 1993 200sx(s13)

MODS: Cone Filter
63mm stainless steel exhaust
320mm Grooved & vented Brake Disc's
Nex Street Coil overs

If it dont go..... slap on a turbo

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

hey toby.

thanks for a good couple of hours at your place with the guys talking kak.

nice to meet everyone - but please gimme time to remember names and aliases, and to associate cars to names.

toby - dont lie!!! it was myself and Vl@de that got that crank pulley off!!!!

no thanks for that - its ok - next time dont clap, just throw money!!!

just kidding - it was cool man.

i have an engine crane and engine stand disassembled and packed away in my garage - the rent of that equipment from me is cheap!!!! lol... just gimme a call when you need and we can make a plan to get hte rest out of the engine bay!

VC

Jay_boy
0.3 Bar Boost
Engine: SR

Post by Jay_boy »

ya thanks toby or like snooby said tody it was great had loads of fun just chatting with the rest of the guys and seeing new faces! Thanks to everyone that was there had a blast! And just to see freddy's face when i handed him the big box with his spoiler in made my day!
Sucks gas and hauls ass! Catch my DRIFT????