Meet And Greet in Durban, 18th December 2006

News about upcoming events

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Deens
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

Meet & Greet

Post by Deens »

Hi, Yes, it was great meeting all you guys. Thanks for the "T" Toby. No sweat about the whiskey & snacks, the least we could have done...it's known as Durban hospitality. You're welcome.
On behalf of my Family and myself, I would also like to wish all our readers a very safe festive season, and a special wish for those broken down and unwell SX's a speedy get well soon.

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

been there, done that, got the t-shirt

hehehe
but ya thanks to all - it was great... just one question, did anybody else have some whiskey as well? it seems that i got carried away with meeting the new friends and talking cars and losing my memory outch

thanks Toby for my favourite shirt and thanks Dena for the hospitality and thanks Bells for the headache and thanks Panado for the quick fix

mmm now where are the pictures...

Deens
Slipping Clutch

Post by Deens »

Yes, Toby where are the pics? By the way I eventually finished the re-assembly yesterday evening. All went well, including getting new hoses made for the turbo, both oil supply and water supply/return (thanks Vlade for the advice). I started her up (first time) and she was very noisy for about 5 minutes (due to the squeezed-out lifters). After leaving her idling for a bit she quietened down completely and purred like a pussy cat. Took her for a quick spin in the dark and she seems quite happy. Will set the timing and TP sensor, idle sensor, and idle speed this morning. Thanks again to all concerned.

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Ooohhh I hate you guys and your mech skills :cry: I just can't see my car running anytime soon...

Deens, don't you wanna come up to Joburg for a visit? And like, bring your tools with :-)

Well, the pics from this event are up! Sorry that there are so few and the quality isn't great, since it was night-time, but enjoy anyways!
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Deens
Slipping Clutch

Post by Deens »

Be planning a trip soon up to the BIG CITY. Hopefully arrange something to have my piggy-back wired up properly and fly back down. Sorry buddy, would really like to come up there for good (was there before for 4 years). Unfortunately the sea (and my mum/dad) has a hold on me and the pull of the rand is less than the pull of the sea.