2JAYZEE SX ( dyno sheet up)

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

RBSX
1.0 Bar Boost

2JAYZEE SX ( dyno sheet up)

Post by RBSX »

Hi guys, thought id let you know what happened and is going to happen, as many of you know I have been planning a RB26 swop for almost a year now, I bought the engine and gearbox and it has been lying in my garage for a few months, The thing is. That, i was really enjoying my Sx, and was hesitant to tear it up
as it was running really well, I later put in the DE cam and that messed things up abit, mainly fuelling but its now sorted , I was planning on buying a S13 body to do the swop but couldnt find anything i liked so, I decided I would sell the Engine and gearbox to buy another Complete SX, So after being dropped a few times and at the risk of loosing a good deal I sold the engine only for 15k which actually cost me a 3k loss, I then decided that I would go RB25 as it was far cheaper and done more often that RB26,
Bearing in mind that I was under the impression I could get Rb25 for under 10k in durbs, infact Jackos wanted R7500 each a month ago, so I figured I could actually have 2 for the price of one, A few weeks later some money that I was waiting for came though, So went to JHB took delivery of my new Sx, Drove it straight to My Selected Tuner bearing in mind this tuner has always spent the time advising me and helping me when ever I called even though I was in durbs and he had no guarantee that I would even come to him or that I was a genuine SXaholic .We discussed exactly wat I wanted to achieve and settled on a quote, provided I will supply the engine from durbs, So I left the car with him and Flew back to durbs the next day I went to jackos and all the Rb25 turbos he had were sold and could not even get any more I was almost broken, So get back to the office pull out a Speed and sound and looked for every engine importer, even called the guys that I bought the Rb26 from
They price shot up from 10k to 13k, the cheapest I could find a RB25 was 12500
Which to me was just not worth it, considering I sold My R26 for 15k with a 3 k loss new clutch kit and greddy cambelt, I honestly did not know what to do, I made the biggest mistake in my life,…….. So I called Riaan as I new he had been talking about a 2 jz swop…………………Yip , ,,,,,,nothing pisses me off more than a Toyota powered Nissan……..But the truth is I cannot spend this money on a Rb25,,,, So after doing a bit of research My tuner and Riaan confirmed it was a better and more powerful engine than an Rb26…….This almost broke my hart as I was so settled on a RbSx that I felt confused and sick, I mean I had to change my dream for something I had no idea about, After a few days I made my desicicion I WILL BE DOING A 2JZ-GTE SWOP,,,,,, sorry guys , but for the same price id rather have a 3.0 supra engine than a Rb25

So coming shortly will be pics of the conversion, Iwas really impressed with the quality of components My tuner uses, Oh by the way the tuners name will be revealed after the conversion, I will also post my list of goodies that I have chosen

So feel free to share your views on my decision and even some secrets on 2jz tuning
Last edited by RBSX on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

Post by Draco »

I have no secrets or anything to add....all I can say is I think you made a good dicision....a blessing in disgise....

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

To me it sounds like the best of both worlds! :lol: 8)

Good luck! And Im sure it will be great!
Rolling Thunder..........

RBSX
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by RBSX »

Thanks Draco, And Mario :D any reason why you think so
I love the Sx body, its legendary, supra engine also legendary

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

rear wheel drive+light chassis+6 cyl motor+turbo charged=best time of your life..... :lol:

Those toy motors are kak strong! and loads of potent power...... monster motor!
Rolling Thunder..........

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

you know my input told you on saturday :D
Hot Plates are Sexy

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Well according to what I know the toyotas are more relyable motors, stronger and simpler made, the RB's are great motors but over ingeneerd, clever ingeneering gets you in trouble sometimes.....clever is not always relyable.....

My opinion....

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

The 2JZ is a monster, you wont go wrong with it! Best of luck!

The only bits that I dont like about a swop like this, I dunno if you noticed, but the intake and exhaust are on different sides on the Toyota motors, so the nice exhaust bulge/tunnel that the chassis has wont be used and your new exhaust will hang very low at the front, also the fuel lines and brake booster now sit right next to a very hot turbo...

These arent show stoppers but its a hassle, its OK if you're hellbent on doing something different. Also, the nose will be heavier, the 2JZ is HUGE!
Captain Slow to the rescue!

rat
Administrator
Car: R32

Post by rat »

Nice set of coilovers will fix that
Hot Plates are Sexy

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Cool Donny, great stuff. When will it be ready??

RBSX
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by RBSX »

Thanks guys
should be ready at the end of this month, if all the parts arrive

Mr turbo T66 turbo
Stainless steel branch Manifold
50mm wastegate
new flywheel
new clutch
Cometic head gasket
Greddy Cambelt
New FMIC
Piping
76mm exhaust
New Oil Cooler
Dicktator……I know many of you wont agree, but maybe later I can afford a Apexi Power Fc
Ignitors
Proshaft Modification
Electronic High Boost/ Low Boost

This is not really gona be a drag car, more and everyday, Gallardo cremator
Im abit concerned about the diff, hope it can handle the power

Wish I could afford to put in branded stuff, But its already costing me a Lung, liver and kidney.

Have you guys seen the Lexus in this months SnS Mag

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

Awesome! Thats gonna be one crazy sx once you are finished with it 8) Can't wait to see this thing back in Durban!
RB25 S13 - in a perpetual state of broken-ness...

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Nice one Donny! Big UP!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Cant wait for you to take me for a ride :lol: .

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Dude big up man... I've been secretly dreaming of a 2JZ swap for my next project, or going Toyota in total (ref the Soarer pic I posted a while back)

I know its allot more work than fitting a RB but bang for buck its brilliant...
Hairdresser MX5