Project - Evil D (L28... err... RB25 scratch that CA18.... nope wrong again swapped SilEighty)

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Doctor G wrote:Sell that scooter and buy the Gt28Rs turbo in the for sale section...
hehe that thought did cross my mind! hehe
veecee wrote:cant remember if i mentioned it already - but that turbo will need a new shaft and new wheels. maybe new housing because the blades made contact.

DO NOT keep that turbo! get a used t28.
Do not worry I wont keep the T(oo puny to discribe) 25, going for t28. secondhand... alot cheaper... :twisted: :twisted:

RBSX wrote:Hey Riekert ,,sorry to hear that bud......

who is doing the Rota importing for you
Thanx man

don't know yet. was just shopping around a bit so... sorry man, but I'll let you know as soon as I get an importer.
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

NIZAN-R
Over Boosting

Tb

Post by NIZAN-R »

Just some thing i noticed when my turbo kaakd it was the same problem the top oil feed pipe was blockd with carbon its very thin .take it out and replace with a braided pipe its what i heard a comon sx problem
She is not the CA that could be
She is the CA that IS
(O=O)/RS13\(O=O)
"if you only need one jack to raise your car, then your car isn't low enough"
"EVERYDAY I'M FLUTTERING!"

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Re: Tb

Post by rat »

NIZAN-R wrote:Just some thing i noticed when my turbo kaakd it was the same problem the top oil feed pipe was blockd with carbon its very thin .take it out and replace with a braided pipe its what i heard a comon sx problem
Yes thats right mine had the same thing
Hot Plates are Sexy

NIZAN-R
Over Boosting

Rat

Post by NIZAN-R »

Rat dit you bin that pipey or what cos mine was in petrol for a week and could not manage to get any carbon out of it.i dont trust that pipe
She is not the CA that could be
She is the CA that IS
(O=O)/RS13\(O=O)
"if you only need one jack to raise your car, then your car isn't low enough"
"EVERYDAY I'M FLUTTERING!"

Riekert
The Overlord

Re: Rat

Post by Riekert »

NIZAN-R wrote:Rat dit you bin that pipey or what cos mine was in petrol for a week and could not manage to get any carbon out of it.i dont trust that pipe
I'm gonna replace it with a braided one cause i don't trust it either...
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

NIZAN-R wrote:Rat dit you bin that pipey or what cos mine was in petrol for a week and could not manage to get any carbon out of it.i dont trust that pipe
burnt all the crap out
Hot Plates are Sexy

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

rat wrote:
burnt all the crap out
Hehe I had to do that also! Damn shitty nissan oil feed line!! Thats the reason my turbo failed!! AGH!

aka The Overlord

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Anyhow, here is some progress on Evil D...

Got spraying this weekend:

The center console:

Ok so I took out the center console:

after the first 3 coats:

Looks good don't you think, nice sparkle in the sun:

Prepping the flat surfaces with 100grit water sanding paper to get out a few nasty scratches....

The already Sprayed ashtray...

the masking up of the parts I dont want to spray

The first coat...

random plate I'm gonna use underneath the radio:

Center console after 3rd coat...

made a few small bubbles, so sanded it down and gave it another two coats...

The finished products:

Still need to spray the cluster surround and the power window control panels. also the airvent surrounds...
Last edited by Riekert on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

aka The Overlord

Doctor G
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Doctor G »

Nice. What colour is that?

Also what paint did you use and what was the process. Prepping? Sanding? Base coats? primer? Sorry for the 20 questions but that's good info to know when seeing threads like these...

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Doctor G wrote:Nice. What colour is that?

Also what paint did you use and what was the process. Prepping? Sanding? Base coats? primer? Sorry for the 20 questions but that's good info to know when seeing threads like these...
Hey G! It's all good!

It's black/gunmetal hammerite spray, the hammerite gives it a bit of a sparkle effect.

Ok and the process: First off I water sanded the parts with a 1000 grit sandpaper and then a 2000grit. After I wiped it clean with watered down thinners, just to get all the filth and particles off. Then I just sprayed the first coat of hammerite, no primers or base coats.

Sprayed 3 coats and then sanded again with 2000grit to get all the imperfections out. sprayed another 2 coats and then polished with wax. came out nicely I think.
:twisted:

aka The Overlord

Doctor G
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Doctor G »

cool cool

now just load up some pictures of the final product fitted back in the car then it's all good. :wink:

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Doctor G wrote:cool cool

now just load up some pictures of the final product fitted back in the car then it's all good. :wink:
hehe will do! just need to fit the radio still so I'll take some pics in the week.

aka The Overlord

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Thats good lookin sheez riekertiekititiekiti!!!!

When are you coming to do mine??? :wink: :wink:

Looks like I am the only capetonian who is not doing anything to his car at the moment.

Must be the steep petrol price killing me! I am just a student tho!

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

HancoB wrote:Thats good lookin sheez riekertiekititiekiti!!!!

When are you coming to do mine??? :wink: :wink:

Looks like I am the only capetonian who is not doing anything to his car at the moment.

Must be the steep petrol price killing me! I am just a student tho!
Thanx man! Bring it to hermanus and I'll do it... oh wait the petrol is insane! but still!

Oh and I'm doing stuff to my car cause its standing... hehehe :lol:

aka The Overlord

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

hey riekert...

looking good brutha. very good.

hey G - check for a thread from hotstuff for a full writeup on doing this mod. his is very detailed, and he used a clear coat with spf or something to protect the paint from fading in the sun, and to make it shiny! looks good!

finally we have some pics on this thread hey kriekert! shot!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already