SR20DET TB Modification to replace CA18DET TB

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

ChemCool
SX Forumholic
Car: S13

Post by ChemCool »

Yes, the diffs is about 5mm's.
Ok, Gary, I understand the boost situation. All I can say is that I basically have T28 now, or is it the t25g??/? Some more boost available, and no fmic, less lag, straight into the tb. But it was not a shlep to do the mod. It is done. it is there and that is it. Need to dyno.
Chem 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Thats it Chem, I would do it for the experiment if nothing else.

Would be nice if someone could dyno a car then do this mod,redyno to check if their are any gains.

I will do this mod if I can come up with a TB for a good price.

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Well, I will do this. Just need the throttle body!
Rolling Thunder..........

Doctor G
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Doctor G »

Okay so after some research it seems the CA TPS has a voltage between approximately 0.5V and 4.0V+ between idle and WOT.

This compares to a SR20DE TPS just fine.

However, when I went to check the actual TPS voltage on the CA I could not get any reading. I usually measure the TPS voltage on the SR by sticking the multimeter prongs into the back of the TPS plug wires.

On the CA TPS there are 3 prongs on the TPS, but only two female receptors on the TPS plug. Is that correct? I couldn't get a TPS reading measuring no matter which way around I used them multimeter.

Does anyone know how else to test the TPS voltage aside from measuring it at the ECU pins?

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

ya ya you clowns. :lol: :lol: :lol:

the black connector on the TPS is just the idle switch!!! you can measure this on the ohm (resistance) setting on a multimeter!

the grey 6 pin connector zip-tied to the water pipe below the TPS, and connected to the TPS via a small wiring harness (covered in black protective sheathing), is the actual throttle position sensor.

that should give you readings!

FSM shows all this stuff guys! :wink: :wink: :wink:
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already