What is next for my ride...

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Also VC, the setup as is is for a great look and drifting in a way. When I had the car out for a power slide it was just amazing how easy the back comes out and then when it does its so easy to handle.

Pro's and Con's

A lot of squeecks suddenly vanished into thin air...don't know how that really works. I expected to have more squeecks and rattles.

You cant drive groceries in the boot...you will start with milk eggs and flour and end up with a cake!

You can take your rear seats out since they are totally useless now!

If you dont have a strut brace or Hicas bar it sucks badly, lucky I had those.

Driving in the rain with the way I set them up now means that every corner becomes a nightmare. Even at 60 the back starts playing.(I was driving slicks tho)

I can get up to 4 deg camber at the back....thats mad!

The camber plates make wheel alignment very very easy.

Your exhaust and chassis scratches a lot of things when driving into drive ways, high speed bumps, and things like that.

Other people cant see you in their rear view mirrors coz you are so low. Beware of woman just reversing into you!

It feels like it has less understeer. Very weird considering that you have more grip in front now and thus you should have more. Turn in feels sharper.

Once dropped and aligned you become aware of the fact that our old VLSD's aren't really that good. Maybe its just my one that is old and used, but it feels like it is tracking to the left more.

You come to a shocking conclusion that s13 seats dont really help in corners. Buckets should be a good idea!

That lower front lip on our bumpers....well thats not gonna last long.

At high speed the car feels slower. As if it has so much more down force.(I know thats just the center of gravity.)

Sorry that it is so unorganised but i'm just typing as it comes back to me. :wink: :wink:

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Haha Gary, there was 6 there yesterday too.

Its such an awesome feeling having so many SX'es together.

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Forgot to post this.

This was while parked in my driveway which has a nice slope.

My hand at that point is 85mm so now you know how low that is and I had to squeeze my hand in there!

Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Nice!!

I'm getting me some of those at the end of the year!!!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

just as i thought then!

its for the enthusiast - no one else!

also - if you have more grip in front you WILL get less understeer! no questions!

good mod dude! i always say - suspension first then power! so now you know whats next!

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Sweet VC!

Thanks! Personally i'm kinda with you on that! Suspension and braking(meaning safety) first then power!

As you say it is totally for the enthusiast. If a weekend sx driver gets in my car now he will say I am mad and stupid to make it that hard!

The understeer part...now that you mention it...the car has less understeer not coz of the "more" grip, its just coz of the ZERO body roll! :lol: :lol: :lol: There is no as in NO body roll! Like a friend of mine says...its as stiff as a honeymoon one!!! :wink: :wink:

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost
Car: S13
Engine: RB

Post by Trance101 »

HancoB wrote:Your exhaust and chassis scratches a lot of things when driving into drive ways, high speed bumps, and things like that.

Other people cant see you in their rear view mirrors coz you are so low. Beware of woman just reversing into you!

You come to a shocking conclusion that s13 seats dont really help in corners. Buckets should be a good idea!
:lol: I agree with all of those. My sx is just at low. Especialy about the seats. At the Roy Hesketh circuit I felt like I was gonna fall out of the seat at each corner, hehe.

Great mods there, looking good.
RB25 S13 - in a perpetual state of broken-ness...

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

Trance101 wrote:
HancoB wrote:Your exhaust and chassis scratches a lot of things when driving into drive ways, high speed bumps, and things like that.

:lol: I agree with all of those. My sx is just at low. Especialy about the seats. At the Roy Hesketh circuit I felt like I was gonna fall out of the seat at each corner, hehe.

I don't have that problem, I am slightly larger I fill the seat better.
Hot Plates are Sexy

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Trance101 wrote:

Cool thanks Trance! :wink:

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

rat wrote:
Trance101 wrote:

I don't have that problem, I am slightly larger I fill the seat better.
Ha ha ja a slightly larger person had the car before me and my seats aren't really buckety anymore, it more like a mixing bowl now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

So tonight I could test the new bits on nice dry tar and then later on wet tar.

At about half past 7 I went to fill up, got out from the engen garage while stile turning left and kicked the clutch...the back stepped out to the right but in such a nice gentle and well manageable way, I wait until I get the side ways angle that I want and then counter steered to keep it there, then brought the back around to the other side and still fully in control and counter steering it the other way.

keeping on the throttle and bringing the back in slowly till its straight. Then slam on the brakes and stop at the red traffic light! looked back and there was two fat lines in the road in a nice big S form.

Then went to have some Sushi with friends and when we got outside it just stopped raining. Dropped my date off for the night and on the way back just played with the hand brake and clutch kick in second and third gear.

I'm am not the best of best drivers out there, many of you will be so much better than me but OMG it is just so controlable. People wont believe me when I type it here, you have to experience it yourself.

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Oh ja and now my rear tires are slicks on the inside! They lasted me 2 months!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

uhm - is your insurance paid up?

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

veecee wrote:uhm - is your insurance paid up?
Thats why I need some 245 or so!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

doesnt help! try 285!