2nd December - Full day at Hartebeespoort!

News about upcoming events

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Toby
Club Founder
Car: S13

2nd December - Full day at Hartebeespoort!

Post by Toby »

Jaco, our roving scouter, has gone out of his way to scout out some places for us. After lots of driving around in his SX, these are the two options he recommends:

Tropical Garden
===========

- This is a really beautiful spot complete with ducks and parking where everyone can see our cars
- Apparently the Classic Cars also use this spot for their breakfast runs and such
- They will have jumping castles, so you can bring your kids along. Arrg, screw the kids, I wanna go on the jumping castle!! :twisted:
- This is a licenced place, so we cannot bring our own drinks - we must buy from the bar.
- We have two options here:
OPTION 1:
- Chef braai's our meat for us, and food is provided
- You can get: half chicken, chops, steak, wors, 2 types of salad,
pap & sauce
- Fee: R75 PER PERSON

OPTION 2:
- We bring our own food and braai ourselves.
- Braai facilities are there, but we must bring our own charcoal
- Drinks rule applies
- FEE: R25 PER PERSON

Resort (Name unknown)
=================
- This is the second option
- Also provides braai facilities, we braai ourselves
- FEE: R40 PER PERSON
- Here's the kicker: NO MUSIC WHATSOEVER. Not even played softly. Most of the places have this rule. I wasn't planning on having a dance, but a little background music wouldn't have been too bad? Don't think this is an issue though 'cos I get the impression it's more like a park.

What do you guys think? Jaco has seen both places and he likes the tropical gardens more. I agree that that is a good place to go. Question is, which option do we take? R75 or R25 per person? Don't forget to include the cost of the petrol getting there, and money to buy drinks, etc. My recommendation is the R25 option, since it could get really pricey if you're bringing your family. We braai, and we'll buy their drinks.

I also think we should take along fun activites to do while we are there, e.g. play cricket or volleyball or something. If you guys have something, bring it along.

I'd like to get an idea of how many people are coming, so please reply and let me know if you're coming. Frank is coming, and hopefully he'll bring his SX friends too :D
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Just to recap, the plan is as follows:

- Meet at Shell Ultra City, Midrand, N1 North side, at 11am on Saturday 2nd December 2006
- Drive to Hartebeespoort
- Spend the day there and drive back in the evening, sunset time, so that WooHaa can enjoy the sunset and Mike can take good photos :-)
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I'm in whatever you do, i'll sell my unconseeded, unborn daughter for money if I have to, ok that means I don't have a daughter to sell but whatever....you say it I follow it, :? I sound like I'm following a cult :shock: ....are we a cult? 8)

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

sorry Toby, I wasn't listening - can you repeat everything please?

(and Derek, just to show you we are more like a brotherhood - I would have bought your daughter, well if you had one of course)

:twisted:

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

BTW, do you think Car Torque would be interested in doing a piece on us? If we got enough cars together....???

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

We can try but I think we need at least 20 cars for that to happen it would be so cool.....maybe you got some contacts?

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Toby, You count me in then. I also like the R25-00 option. That is where we chat and kuier, around the fire??
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Dislex666
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Dislex666 »

i heard a little birdy chirp that i might have my car back by wednesday - so then i'm gonna do my darndest (if that is even a word) to come with!

Charl
0.3 Bar Boost

agegroup

Post by Charl »

sorry to ask this guys. but may I please get an idea of the agegroup? coz, uhm, yea, I'm only 19. i could bring my dad along, but, uhm, yea. he's in his 50's. feel kinda silly asking this...

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Most of us are in our 20's and 30's. Any age group is welcome!

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

And yes Charl I am 47 feeling 19 :lol: :lol: :lol:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Toby, just asking. Do we have a plan B for weather changes?
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER

Charl
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Charl »

silly Freddie 8)
if it rains.... we go do what our cars naturaly do... :twisted: 8) :twisted: :o
(evil grin)

if only... lol

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Plan B: We find a parking lot and watch WooHaa play his symphony!! :D
(for those who don't knw what I'm talking about: http://200sx.za.net/cars/200sx/article. ... &article=2)

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Let me introduce you to plan B: Zwartkops is having it's last trax and skidpan day on Sunday if Saturday screws up we can go on Sunday and do what we did last time just on a bigger scale.