Project de-rust!

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Hey guys the front has received its de-rusting chemical or something(It eats away all the rust that you cant get to) and the back has been smoothed out now. All the rust will be gone by tomorrow and maybe a primer on aswel.

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Its going to look so damn sexy....my girlfriend is going to be jealous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Well all the rust is gone and the body putty took its place. The rear window wiper is a thing of the past and all the holes have been coverd up. Now just to finish off the putty with some elbow grease and then we are starting with the primer!

Hotstuff
Club Rep
Car: S13

Post by Hotstuff »

HancoB wrote:Well all the rust is gone and the body putty took its place. The rear window wiper is a thing of the past and all the holes have been coverd up. Now just to finish off the putty with some elbow grease and then we are starting with the primer

Is that a scooter I see on the left hand side of the pic??

I guess Riekert is not the only Kaapie that moonlights for Scooters Pizza... :wink:
'92 White S13

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Yes you are right that is a scooter and its not mine. But hell with this fuel prices lately I wish I had one!

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

While I was standing there taking those pictures and lifting up the bootlid I suddenly realized how freakin heavy the rear window is.

So I had an idea...perspex...would it fit??? would it look right??? Has anyone done that mod yet?

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Ja the petrol price is killing us!!
Last edited by Riekert on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Hotstuff wrote: Is that a scooter I see on the left hand side of the pic??

I guess Riekert is not the only Kaapie that moonlights for Scooters Pizza... :wink:
Mmmmm..... pizza!

R30 to fill it up and I can drive 30km a day for a week!!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

HancoB wrote:While I was standing there taking those pictures and lifting up the bootlid I suddenly realized how freakin heavy the rear window is.

So I had an idea...perspex...would it fit??? would it look right??? Has anyone done that mod yet?
kak idea boet... You gonna be spending all that cash on making your car look good and then fit a perspex window... Imagine how its gonna fade, scratch and warp after a few months... Seeing that u are in CT, have a look ay any Golden Arrow bus' window... that's made out of perspex and it looks very kak... Also proper race cars use Lexan, not perspex...
'92 White S13

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Ok well then lexan is the way to go!

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

I See you removed the rear window wiper.... NICE!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

aka The Overlord

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Jip did do that.

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Wanna remove mine as well. But I dont have the heart to sand my baby....

aka The Overlord

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Hey man its a bit of pain for a lot of gain!!!!!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Riekert wrote:But I dont have the heart to sand my baby....
stop being a p_ssy. its just a car. and new paint and nice wheels are the two easiest way to make a car look good man!

also - it'll give you a chance to remove any rust you have, cos you also live at the coast - which is a curse(if you love cars) and a blessing (if you love surfing) !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already