Let's go drifting!

News about upcoming events

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Car: S13
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

I have to agree with you there Toby. Also I'd only really beable to join once my car is working. and it looks like it going to be awhile still unfortunately
sig[/sig]

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Sorry to have to do this, but I'm declaring this a non-event. We need to find a better venue, one that is either cheaper or free (some quiet public road or abandoned soccer field or something).

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

LOL Sad but true.
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I know Herby that orginises the mahem oval races and ODI drag-strip races in Pretoria.... will ask if he can accomidate us or help us find a place

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I have spoken to Herby, he said we can organise the oval race cource but we must pack tyres on the outside to protect us against the wall also there is not huge space to menoover.

The other alternative is ODI dragstrip, it is about 40m wide and long enouph. That is unfortunately the only things I could come up with.

Toby maybe you should contact westbank and see what they say.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

i also now phoned Charlene at Zwartkops raceway, for 8 hours that we hire the skidpan it will cost us R4560 inc. vat. That means we start at 08h00 to 16h00 , that sounds a bit better if you are oubout 10 guys, that gives you 48 minutes each and R456 per drifter.

S14RB25
Slipping Clutch

Drift Day

Post by S14RB25 »

Wesbank sounds good even if we can gets their inner parking area, its big and there is not much of the lamp post thingy. But what worries me is what will they charge. If heard that they are on the expensive side.

S14RB25
Slipping Clutch

driftday

Post by S14RB25 »

48 Minutes per car - sounds like a lot of used tyres and blown motors to me.LOL

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Yo! I'm back from my long weekend :-)

I chatted to a friend of mine who goes to Wesbank a lot, and he said that they open up their skid pan every Wednesday night for like R20 or something.

I'll try to find out how much they charge for booking it on a weekend.

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

I was once at a gymkana event at Zwartkops airforce base. They had it on a large open tarred area.

Wouldnt know who to speak to unfortunately or what cost would be
sig[/sig]

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Phoned Wesbank, R695 exc. vat per hour, Wednesday nights R20 a go on the skidpan, aperently they have a big skidpan.

Big_Guns

Post by Big_Guns »

Hey Guys

Friend of mine from PE told me about you guys. I have some great news. I have been talking to Wesbank and they are willing to let drifters practice for FREE on a Wednesday!!!
Ok not entirely free, but basically its R30 per car to get entry into Wesbank. Then it is R20 per skidpan session.
Ok, now for the free part, if you dont want to pay for skidpan sessions there is a very basic section of Wesbank we can use and theres grass to spin out onto. Its part of the big oval at Wesbank. So unfortunately depending on how hard you are drifting, you might go through some tyres.

I know this is pretty late. But me and a friend were planning on going through to go drift his car TONIGHT. If anybody is keen on joining then please let me know ASAP.

Its not definite for tonight because of my late notice and lack of guys going. But if you guys are keen I can make it happen definetly next Wednesday!

Guys this is a very good opportunity. Wesbank want to grow drifting in SA. I have been talking for the past month with the lady involved and she is very keen.

Let me know!

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I'M BITING ON THE IDEA but if I think of the tyres I need to replace I start crying, I will have to start praying for tyres falling out of the sky till then i'm just biting not doing.

Big_Guns

Post by Big_Guns »

Well even if we can just get the guys interested in drifting to meet up it would be great. You dont necessarily have to drift. Just be there.

We want to get the guys keen on drifting involved.

Toyo or Minty's have brought drift tyres into South Africa. A friend of mine who drifts an M3 CSL put them on his car and he said he drifts for hours on end with them and they still going well!

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

Me thinks thats great :!:
Need to get my Car sorted out soon so that I can join in on this :twisted:
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13