Going fast in a straight line

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

0-60mph times

Post by qewrty »

I was just wondering, what kind of 0-100kmh or (0-60mph) times do you guys have with your sx's?

What is fast? 7 seconds? 5?!! So far my best is 6.28 but that is also using the hand brake because the accelerometer needs the car to be 100% still.
S14, bb gt2871r, 0.7 bar boost, status: hmmm, well, she starts but.. :roll:

Dislex666
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Dislex666 »

I'm relatively confident that mine is in the low 5s somewhere :)

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by qewrty »

Dislex666 wrote:I'm relatively confident that mine is in the low 5s somewhere :)
Hehehe, I doubt it..but then again I can't figure out how your car hit the 13's either.

When we're at the same place sometime we'll put the accelerometer in your car so we can get some stats :)

Caver is going to tarlton on Thursday night if they are open. I'm taking my car :)

*hint*hint*

johansx
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by johansx »

Soon as my FMIC install is done and back from the dyno, I will give my accelerometer a test again. On a hand stop watch it used to do around 6.1, but recently it only did around 7. Found the cam timing was out by 1 tooth. Suddenly the throttle response is back again. Would like to see how the automagic compares to the manual gearbox. Torque converter and lag makes the pull off a bit slow, but from about 40km/h it flies.
What is the easy way to mount a camera on the accelerometer? Maybe just take a pic from the best times scrolling on the display?
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone...

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

i reckon mine is a slow 7 sec 0-100.

stupid car!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

The Calibrator
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by The Calibrator »

No Tarlton tonight (23rd). Qwerty I reckon I could I could get your car into a 5s with my patented foot flat rip the gearlever out shifting :)

Dislex666
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Dislex666 »

The Calibrator wrote:No Tarlton tonight (23rd). Qwerty I reckon I could I could get your car into a 5s with my patented foot flat rip the gearlever out shifting :)
Literally 8)

turbophonic
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by turbophonic »

does anybody here use launch control???
i have on my car.....be damned if i know how it works?!?? :oops:
(suppose if i owned a car that i have driven more than TWICE..i wud know) :roll:

my cars likes to Image petrol

Dislex666
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by Dislex666 »

I have it, and qewrty has it.

I've never used it properly tho - too paranoid about the strain it puts on the turbo.

And for my purposes i can launch just fine!

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by qewrty »

turbophonic wrote:does anybody here use launch control???
i have on my car.....be damned if i know how it works?!?? :oops:
(suppose if i owned a car that i have driven more than TWICE..i wud know) :roll:
Mine is only working 50% though, meaning I have to disengage it manually. It is better to have a switch on the clutch so you don't have to flick a switch while you're launching [esp with when using handbrake for line lock 2].

Basically you engage the launch control, this is preset to hold at a certain RPM, but it starves the fuel to regulate the rpm so don't use full throttle, just open the throttle in neutral then what happens is as you reach the target rpm your turbo starts spooling up, after you hit the artificial rev limiter that the launch control is set to: keep watching your boost and you should see it go up and eventually hold at whatever your boostcontrol or wastegate is for that RPM, the car at this stage will make a misfiring weird noise since your basically 'idling' with boost in the tubes and rpm being limited [its not a smooth limiter in my case, yours might b more advanced].

When you are ready to launch you disengage the clutch & launch control & hang on! :)

If you use it right you will 0wn any1 if they launch normally BECAUSE launch control is set to a lower RPM than what you normal would launch at, and you use the "idling" time while you hold it at that lower rpm to build up turbo speed & thus boost. On 2500rpm I have same boost in 3 seconds than I have in a less than 1 second launch from 4000pm. (Obviously you have to ensure the 1 or 3 seond lapse used for revving up is before the light goes green).

But that is all theoretically since in reality you have to be really sharp to launch a turbo car just right, esp when you have more power because the revs go up to 7/8 while you're spinning but you shouldn't change, just feather the throttle and revs will drop as you get more traction then come up again before you actually change. Playing NHRS and other good simulators usually reproduce this scenario fairly accurately.

Man this stuff is fun
:shock: :shock: 8) 8) 8) :x :P :P :P :twisted: :twisted:

The Calibrator
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by The Calibrator »

Basically you engage the launch control, this is preset to hold at a certain RPM, but it starves the fuel to regulate the rpm so don't use full throttle, just open the throttle in neutral then what happens is as you reach the target rpm your turbo starts spooling up, after you hit the artificial rev limiter that the launch control is set to: keep watching your boost and you should see it go up and eventually hold at whatever your boostcontrol or wastegate is for that RPM, the car at this stage will make a misfiring weird noise since your basically 'idling' with boost in the tubes and rpm being limited [its not a smooth limiter in my case, yours might b more advanced].
Actually the launch control retards the ignition timing this is what causes the boost to rise without any load on the turbo.

This is of course not very wonderfull for the turbo as it generates a huge amount of heat.

turbophonic
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by turbophonic »

good write-up there qwerty!(ahah nifty name...easy to type) :lol:
um..my car has a Phoenix 3D managment system...and looking the the software menu,i see that is one of the options...and there are all sorts of settings......
after that write up....it makes a lot more scence now! :wink:
still dont wanna mess with it just yet....i still gotta get car working and see who the heck can make scenec of the management sys...all i got so far from "tuners" is raised eyebrowsa nd question marks! :roll:

my cars likes to Image petrol

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by qewrty »

The Calibrator wrote:
Actually the launch control retards the ignition timing this is what causes the boost to rise without any load on the turbo.

This is of course not very wonderfull for the turbo as it generates a huge amount of heat.
Sorry yes, retards up to -40 degrees. Their site mentions that if RPM goes 500 above limit it also reduces fuel.

It does make funky sounds but I guess its not worth risking a BB turbo.

Having to use switches etc while launching also looks good, like a shuttle launch should 8)

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic

Post by Ero_sennin »

just for interest sake I would like to see what my times are aswell
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

I'm very interested to see the results. C'mon guys, start posting some times already :-)
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.