Garrett GTX3071

Want to sell your Car parts? Sell it here

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Rawkus16v
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

Garrett GTX3071

Post by Rawkus16v »

Original Garrett GTX3071 AR.50 compressor housing with internal wastage and AR.64 exhaust housing. This a dual bearing, 11 blade turbine brand new turbo bought from Turbo Direct a weeks ago I have all receipts. They sent me the wrong turbo and wont exchange it, never use them again, the owner has a huge attitude. Turbo cost an arm and a leg but am open to reasonable offers to get rid of it.

ImageImageImageImage

Lukem
Slipping Clutch
Engine: RB

Re: Garrett GTX3071

Post by Lukem »

Can you measure the gap between the compressor wheel and housing? looks really large

Can you post a picture of the CHRA badge

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

never knew the gtx came without anti surge and internal waste gate you sure its not a gt3071 with gtx comp wheel?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Rawkus16v
Slipping Clutch

Post by Rawkus16v »

Yes that is correct, its a gt which has been made into a gtx with the billet wheel upgrade all done and balanced by Turbo Direct.

Lukem
Slipping Clutch
Engine: RB

Post by Lukem »

I wonder if it’s one of their in-house machined billet wheels, that gap looks huge between the wheel and housing. Obviously because he is “authorised” it’s still “genuine” even with his home brew kak inside it as some of the VW fan boys found out when they were sold “genuine garrett” turbo’s with Chinese housings.