S13 Steering Rack Recon

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S13

S13 Steering Rack Recon

Post by troopiec »

Hi guys, my power steering rack seals have been leaking for quite a while from the passenger side, i would like to have it reconditioned while its off, or perhaps i can service it myself, but would prefer to find someone to do it with garantee etc, anyone know of someone in Cape Town that wont charge an arm and a leg? I got a quote from one place for close to R2000, i know it is expensive to do but for that price il rather live with the slow leak a little longer.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Re: S13 Steering Rack Recon

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

I'm in the process of doing mine dude and i'm getting a heavy duty kit and the kit alone is 1500 so 2k isn't to bad

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

yea but these guys told me its an ordinary generic kit they fit and the kit is R900, i havent done a power steering rack myself yet but from what little ive read up it doesnt seem that simplest job and its not something you want to get wrong as its a vital component of your car. but Jason why dont you do a write up on it then and il check it out. Im doing my level 3 in mechanics now, will do power steering rack in level 4 next year.
Last edited by troopiec on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Sorry I miss tryed it I got a friend who does it for a living and he's doing it for me[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] but if you do your rack it might be a good idea to get a better kit so it lasts longer. Pm me your number dude ill give you my friend number so you can ask him any questions you have

"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Lol stupid phone smilies