What mods you got??

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

Post by Gary57 »

Air density makes a HUGE difference, that is the reason for a intercooler.

This car was bought from a guy in Randburg, when he had it made 143.9RwKw and crossed the line at 14.2secs, I cannot verify this as I was not there but I know this guy personally and he is not one to lie.

Heres a mod for you guys. The black plastic pipe that connects the AFM and turbo, when I changed this for a stainless one it gave me 0.12Bar more boost without me doing anything else. That s a huge restriction. BUT unfortunately that is only one side of the story. The welding came off and went through my turbo and broke my comp wheel. Had it fixed and guess what it did it agian. My own fault I shouldnt of put it back on. So 2 comp wheels later and a fair bit of money I have the std pipe back on.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Here is a link from the Aus guys. This is a few of the times they are running, some with very few mods. http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/inde ... mile&st=30

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Calm down fella, I didn't say I don't believe you, but I am sceptical because I don.t understand how you get there, your water meth/inj does nothing much for your power at the moment because there is no advancement on timing ect. frankly speaking I don't even know what FMIC means, get my point, I don't understand.....if you look at guys with 2L convertions and stuff they get about your rwkw that is why I don't understand how you got there.

Then I must also say, all dyno's don't measure the same becuase of calibration and what not, that in itself may explain alot, for example dB meters- you rarely get 2 meters giving the same reading on one vehicle, obviosly a dB meter and a dyno is 2 totally different things just an example.

No offence intended towards you, I question what I don't understand and see it making sense

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

By making a motor a 2lt from a 1.8lt, will only yield about 10% or so more torque. This increse in torque inturn gives the increase in power.

FMIC- Front Mounted InterCooler. If are wanting one dont buy from the clowns in this country they are rip offs. I am importing a complete kit now and if I told you how much you wouldnt believe me. If you are SERIOUSLY interested let me know NOW and Ill try make a plan.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I am looking at an 18 tube aluminum custom made one for R1800, can you get better for a better price?

gremlin
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by gremlin »

Gary57. You car sounds very impressive. You wanted to know what I have: I got the Normal CA18DET engine. With a T4 turbo boosting 0.8 bar. 600cc injectors and a dictator management system. And a slightly modded exhaust. I got 260 hp 380Nm on the wheels with 1.2 bar boost with racing fuel. Havent Dynoed it at 0.8 with 95 yet. Still saving for a frontmount intercooler and 76mm exhaust and branches.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Also, they normally tune in 4th gear and get reading in 3rd is your reading in 3rd or 4th?

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I am a bit sceptical about putting up the prices but here goes. I can get the complete kit including all the piping, 600x300x76 aluminum intercooler, silicon joiner pipes and clamps for 265USD, thats about R2150 depending on exchange rate at the time of payment. I am going with stainless pipng instead of aluminum becuase if I need to modify the kit, stainless is far easier. This kit doesnt require a hole in the battery tray (so they assure me) but I cant be held responsable if it doesnt, this is my 1st time dealing with them.

Stuff in this country is SOOOO expensive, you wont belive the price of stuff I can get. This is the stuff that is exported to the major "TUNERS", instead of buying from them I am going straight to the manufactures.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Thats a good question Derek. When he was tuning it, he was running it in 4th im sure. But on the dyno sheet it says 3rd. 4th gear is 1:1 so I am assuming it was in this gear, the dyno sheet must be talking kak.

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

Air density makes a HUGE difference, that is the reason for a intercooler.

i meant the diffrence between the coast and up here :roll:
sig[/sig]

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Yes, 1 bar boost at the coast and 1 bar boost up here has the same air density - just that up here the turbine would be spinning faster.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

The same air density- No it wont. You are correct in saying the turbo has to spin faster, but by it spinning faster is creating more heat. So you will have 1Bar but the amount of air particals will be less due to the increase in heat. Remember if you increase the heat you increase the pressure BUT you lower the mass of the air!!

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Gremlin that is alot of power for a std motor. Do you problems with heat and head gaskets?? Most guys say that 200FwKw is a good reliable power figure, but then I know a guy who like you has nearly 200RwKw and his never gives him a hassel. Some get lucky I suppose, you lucky bugger. Im not will to see if im that lucky.

What is the dicktator like, did it make a differance in the cars drivability and power?? Who tuned it for you and how much?? What is the fuel consuption like??

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

What Mods have you guys done to the look of your sx, interior and exterior?? Go check www.clearcorners.com out, has any1 done the low profile head light mod??

gremlin
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by gremlin »

The Diktator is Awesome. It made such a big difference on my engine. Power, response. It really works well. I get 400KM to a tank in city driving. When i go on the open road I get about 600. The diKtator cost me R2600 and R750 to dyno.