CA18DET Clutch Kits?

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S13

CA18DET Clutch Kits?

Post by troopiec »

Hi guys im in need of a new clutch kit for my CA18DET, i havent asked nissan on a price yet but on other cars i normally just install a LUK Rep set, which normally sells for R1200 depending on the car, does LUK make a clutch kit for my CA18? and if so howmuch power can it take? my CA18 wont be heavily modded but i would like to do 180kw with it in the near future, im not really keen on spending R3000+ on a performance clutch kit as im trying to keep money spent on the CA to a minimum so if i do a motor swap in future then i havent spent on parts i cant use again. At the moment i have stock nissan clutch installed and its condition is fine, doesnt slip, but the pressure plate is clicking when i depress clutch pedal and one the the springs on the clutch plate is a little loose so it rattles a loud metalic noise and i dont like foreign noises on my car.

What are my options? thanks

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Re: CA18DET Clutch Kits?

Post by rat »

Nissan R4000

Autozone can get a Valeo clutch kit for about R3800. I have used this and works well. looks the same as the stock nissan unit.

Other option is the old skyline kit (R800) but the pressure plate needs modding, clutch disk is a straight fit. Not as strong as the nissan/valeo one but works for a stock car. With 180kw i wouldn't use this.

Best thing to do is get something like the ACT kit, normal or copper and it will last you.
Hot Plates are Sexy

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

ouch R3800, nissans used valeo as i can see my kit says valeo and nissan with part numbers on both the pressure plate and clutch plate, but thats a bit hectic yaw, didnt expect that price, maybe il just live with the noise so long as the clutch is working as it should, i know of someone that makes custom button clutches, ive heard of other people having good results with him, he takes your old clutch and pressure plate and makes the pressure plate double diaphram and clutch plate can be made how you like, 3-puk, 6-puk etc, normally charges about R1500 total, but i dont like the idea much. Rather buy a performance kit made from factory. does a SR20det clutch plate and pressure plate bolt onto ca18det flywheel? or must i change flywheel and starter to do that?

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

SR20 is different. Not sure whats needed to make it work.

You can take your clutch to a clutch place and have them fit new springs to it. Did this last week with my mates lexus V8 clutch.

IIRC the stock pressure plate cant be made into a DD.
Hot Plates are Sexy

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

try Abes
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Drillergy
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Drillergy »

I sell the ACT but its north of R6k.

My advice is take your old clutch out and get it matched or take your flywheel to match the pins. It's great exercise. Cheapest is Sachs but pp didnt last long. Was happiest with Valeo as it felt like stock.

Adrian
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Adrian »

I did my clutch for 800.. Had a plate made up. Was for a) but works on a ca. Then use my pressure plate and it worked.. Check my build of what it looks like.. Made it at a clutch place