Manifold Coatings

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

PAKIMONSTER
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Manifold Coatings

Post by PAKIMONSTER »

I'm in the process of rebuilding my CA. At this point in time I'm trying to get all the supporting things looking as good as they can before sending the whole engine out for the rebuild. Previuosly I painted the exhaust mani with that BBQ black. But after a while it started to discolor. Anthing else that anyone has used before?

I also have wrap that I was thinking of using and then just painting it black afterwards. I tried to find out but it doesn't seem like there are any places in PE that does high heat powder coating. Any advice or suggestions. I'm going to powdercoat the intake but that should be fine as the heat is not that bad in that area, or will it??? The powder coating company said that they bake at 200deg, and the intake never sees those types of temps...

Any ideas???
There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and owning an SX the most certain.

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

Re: Manifold Coatings

Post by Draco »

The only thing I would suggest is ceramic coating wich is done by powerkote in joburg, don't know whether they have other branches elseware, as for the intake, I a sure normal powercoating will be fine there.