How Good is this Topmount Manifold?

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S13

How Good is this Topmount Manifold?

Post by troopiec »

Hi guys i recently bought this top mount manifold for my CA18DET, i got it for an OK price, i mainly bought it because its expensive to make them custom and rare to find locally, dont want to import a cheap stainless one either, but im concerned about the design of this manifold, its not an equal length manifold and im a bit worried about how the cylinder 2 pipe meets up with cylinder 4 pipe almost at RIGHT ANGLES, its not designed very well, its built ok tho, made from very thick flanges and thick steam pipe, so i dont think its going to crack anytime soon, the welding is pretty untidy also, but i just dont want it to boost badly and to run crap, if i can experience the same performance as a standard cast manifold then il be happy, im basically installing the topmount for looks as i dont want my new turbo to be hidden. heres some pics, some knowledgable input would be appreciated:

the guy who made it was running a T3/4 and said it ran really well with the setup, but he sold the motor to do a conversion.

Draco
Forum Whore

Re: How Good is this Topmount Manifold?

Post by Draco »

It will work ok but I think the standard one is better.

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

LOL @ topmount for looks.
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

Lol yea enzio, it will look awsome to open my bonnet and have a nice polished up turbo in your face with an external wastegate etc, can't do that with stock mani, but its to have some fun with till I have some spare cash to design and make up a real good equal length tubular manifold.