s13 sump removal

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost
Car: S13

s13 sump removal

Post by robldepo »

sup huys i was looking for something on the forum that could help me but i am not getting anything i am bussy trying to remove my sump on my s13 and wow its a mition wouldnt like to do it again so there is one of @ ways i believe to do this one is to support your ca motor and drop the crossmember or the other way to do it is to take out the engine so i whant to see if i can jippo somehow and just lift the engine high enough off its mountings to slide the sump out, but my real question is this .

once you have taken the sump off and out is there any sortoff convertion one can do so that in future its not such a mission to take the sump off???

thanks guys

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Re: s13 sump removal

Post by rat »

Normally I pull motor.
Hot Plates are Sexy

NIZAN-R
Over Boosting

Post by NIZAN-R »

not like you have to open it .only when its broken so pull it out
She is not the CA that could be
She is the CA that IS
(O=O)/RS13\(O=O)
"if you only need one jack to raise your car, then your car isn't low enough"
"EVERYDAY I'M FLUTTERING!"

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

easier to just pull it out.
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

ok so be it then first i want to see if i support the motor if i cant drop the crossmember and get it out then as the member only has 4 bolts to loosten and if that fails well then there is no other way ill let u guys know how i got it out, i would love to know how nissan would do it cause according to the nissan service manual you take out the stabeliser bar loosten the engine mountings lift the motor up a bit and the sump just slides out needless to say ive tried this and yes you guessed it it doesnt work becuase the oil pickup is too long and stops the sump from going anywhere.

thanks so far guys will keep you posted

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

Ok so I managed to get the sump out by supporting the motor and dropping the crossmember I couldn't take out the motor cuase I don't have an engine crane never the less its out but now I see I have a bit of a big problem my engine mountings are torn so now I'm not sure witch way to go can I get new ones at a resenable price? And how true is it that a ford v6 mounting is a straight fit? Remember guys I'm on a budget here lol so be gentle. Its a good thing I dropped the sump by the way looks like someone filled the sump half way with sand then oil what a mess inside the sump

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

Those 3,0 V6 mounts work, but they are crap. From experience, I highly reccommend you dont use them.

They dont last long, they shear off and you need to install a 15mm spacer to get to the correct height. You will see the standard mountings have a round piece in the centre and also an additional rubber piece that connects the top and bottom plates. This is for added rigidity and will result in a much stiffer setup than the midas special.

Had my existing mountings refurbed at SA engine mountings here in Germiston and they work perfect. Works out to about R300 per mount. Which is a third of the price of Nismo mounts and should last you at least 5 - 10 years easily.
'92 White S13

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

thank you very much for that reply i will then rather go the same route you did is there any chance you have contact details for SA engine mountings please

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

http://www.mountingsforafrica.com/
+27 11 396 2090
info@mountingsforafrica.com

Physical Address
80 Pomona Road
Pomona
Kempton Park
'92 White S13

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

guys i need help again please man :facepalm: i am desperately looking for a sump gasket for the ca18 i managed to find a rear main oil seal for it but no luck with the sump gasket, nissan can order for me but wil take 3 to 4 weeks to get

what to do?

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

gasket maker just clean the surface nicely and don get any inside the sump and make sure that you dont put to much so it squashes inside the sump when you tighten it.
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

i had a good look at it and my arch packing rubbers as they call it is of such a state that i have to replace them so im happy to put gasket maker on the sump but still have to replace the 2 half round rubber gaskets

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

did you pull the motor to get to the sump?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

No I didn't pull the motor I was lazy and found another way I explained it just read 2 or 3 posts up