1991 200SX donar car for sale

Want to sell your Car Post it here

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Allen

1991 200SX donar car for sale

Post by Allen »

Hi guys,

I have been a member of this club for a long time but have never realy used the Forum as such. So please be kind...
My son "blew" the motor on my 1991 S13 200 SX. I have tried to dismantle the head to see if I can findout what exactly "Blew" but I got as far as removing the timing belt, turbo and exhaust manifold... (I do suspect rings or Bearings, but without rmoving the head I can not say for certain. At least I know the Turbo and Fuel management system is ok.

My son says he redlined the motor when cold! &9&%%! anyway I suppose I was that age too!

The rest of the vehicle is still stock standard except that about 2 years ago, I had the standard rear spoiler removed, holes pluged and the car resprayed in Benoni. (invoice available)

I have spoken to Tobie Kurien with regards to a fair price to sell the vehicle as is, if my son and I could not repair the vehicle ourselves. So please make me an offer... (Please bear in mind I had the Turbo replaced in Jan 2010. (Invoices available)

I stay in Secunda Mpumalanga and you are free to contact me to view the vehicle or ask for more information.
Contact details: Allen 082-895-9933. or 017-632-4283

Toby
Club Founder
Car: S13

Post by Toby »

If there's anyone near Secunda that is mechanically inclined, please help Allen remove the head so he can see what's wrong with it, and maybe it's a relatively quick fix! I'm sure a helping hand will go a long way to getting that car up and running again :-)
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

P3g4sus
Club Drifter
Car: Supra
Engine: 2JZ

Post by P3g4sus »

If you where closer I would have helped you, I have give or take all spares thats necessary..
Power is nothing without control,
Control is not fun without power.
Traction is over rated. :twisted:

Allen

Assistance on 200SX

Post by Allen »

Thank you guys I will bear this in mind.

I need to get that head removed.
I see the Headbolts are10mm Allen key's. However my socket set (and Toque wrench) are way to big to fit in the space available... I will need to see where I can find the right tool for the job.

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

All you need to buy if you've got the basic tools is a 10mm allen socket with a long point. I bought a Gedore for this as you want a good quality socket as those head bolts are torqued down >100Nm.
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image

Allen

Thanks

Post by Allen »

Thanks a bunch man. I will keep you posted.

Allen

Intrest sake

Post by Allen »

I also have recently posted pics of my sx in its current condition. just for intrests sake. Any of you can just go have peek in the garage link.

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

Have you considered just buying an import motor?

I bought one a few years ago for R5 700 and I was very happy with that particular one, infact my car worked at its best with that motor.
That was until my radiator packed up, which then damaged the motor.
sig[/sig]

Allen

Post by Allen »

Can you just maby let me know where you bought it?
cuz we have heard rumours of certian import suppliers that have sent damaged motors.

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

I got it at TV2 motor spares in PTA.
I originally went to find one that looked good. They didn't have any at the time so they agreed to deliver one for free to me. It wasn't to my liking and sent it back. The next day they dropped off a neat one, which i subsequently left outside in the elements for a year before installing it.
sig[/sig]

Allen

Post by Allen »

Thanks a bunch. I will give them a call.