Going fast in a straight line

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

DA KING
Slipping Clutch

Post by DA KING »

TALKING ABOIT A TOP END RUN, IT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEKEND
BATTLE OF THE 1 KILO & ¼ MILE CHALLENGE –
9 MARCH 2008 @ MAD DOG RACEWAY

Its Sunday March 9, 2008,- Nitro’s, horsepower, burning rubber, the cheer of the crowd as Johnny Fastman runs his best ¼ mile time and speed and yes listen up as the crowd awaits in anticipation for the 1 kilometer speed, 306,306.307.306.309,308km/h, his fastest speed to date is what comes from the commentator.

OH BABY – THIS IS ROCK AND ROLL TIME – THE SCEEN IS SET FOR WHAT WILL BE THE “BATTLE OF THE 1 KILOMETER “.

All this will take place at the “ Old ODI “ – Now Called the Mad Dog Raceway, a mere 40 kilometers from Pretoria.

• Gates open @ 07h00 and racing from 010h00 – 16h00.
• Motorsport South Africa affiliated.
• SUPER VENUE - Street cars and bikes are welcome.
• Normal MSA rules apply and Helmets is compulsory.
• MSA Licenses is obtainable at the track.
• Refreshments will be available, but cooler boxes and braai’s are welcome.
• Now revamped with proper fencing and 100sqm of newly build toilet facilities
• Water facilities in the pit area.
• ¼ Mile with time and speed, and 1 kilometer speed ( 2 traps with 6 readings) + GPS
• Also the greatest thing to happen: “ Mr Spin’ SEE THE DRIVER LEAVING THE CAR AND GETTING BACK IN. 4 SPIN KINGS TO COMPETE
• Sleepover from Saturday and enjoy Bushveld atmosphere around the BIGGEST camp fire ever. Great music will be provided until early morning. All vehicles arriving on Saturday gets entrance for free for driver + 1
• Security from Saturday afternoon @ 18h00, Gates will be closed at 22h00 and the manned.
• For more info call Herbie on 078 4366 6111 or (012) 546 1500

HOW TO GET THERE FROM JOHANNESBURG/ EAST RAND

Take the N1 (Ben Schoeman Highway) to Pretoria. This will become Potgieter Street with Prison on your left. Proceed down Potgieter Street until you get Church Street. Turn left in Church Street until you get D.F. Malan Drive. Turn Right in D.F. Malan Drive and go straight until you get the PPC Cement factory on your left. Proceed past until you get Makro on your left. Just after Makro you will get a turnoff that says Mabopane. Chuck a left onto this road – called the Mabopane free-way. Proceed over the mountain. Take the M20 HEBRON turn-off. Turn left and go straight. Be on the lookout for the “MARULA Sun” boards. Proceed straight on until you get the Marula Sun 3 km board. There will now be a 4 way stop. Zero your Speedo and go across the 4-way for 8.4 kilometers. At 8.4 kilometers you will find a Liquor store on your Right. Across the road is a road that turns Left. Turn Left and follow this road. This will lead you to the Track Entrance.

ADMISION IS R40.00 PER ADULT AND CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 R 20.00.
TO COMPETE WILL BE R50.00 PER ENTRY

ENDS

ISSUED BY THE MAD DOG RACING CLUB. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

HERBIE ON 078 43 66 111 or (012) 546 1500 or E-MAIL maddograceway@yahoo.com

Patrol

Post by Patrol »

Hey, I had a few topend runs, i ran with a turbo E46 M3, neck on neck on the n1, i ran with a NA M3 riped it apart, did 7500 in 5th in 1.5km maybe less, that's with 18s, and SR20DET gearbox. I ran a c55 okay that was bad too for the 55. I'm impressed with the sx it goes lovely. I had a few other runs too on the road.

Slide 'em Wide
0.6 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by Slide 'em Wide »

Patrol wrote:Hey, I had a few topend runs, i ran with a turbo E46 M3, neck on neck on the n1, i ran with a NA M3 riped it apart, did 7500 in 5th in 1.5km maybe less, that's with 18s, and SR20DET gearbox. I ran a c55 okay that was bad too for the 55. I'm impressed with the sx it goes lovely. I had a few other runs too on the road.

What mods dude, not sure ive seen you b4 on the form so if this is our first encounter, WELCOME!

your machine sounds strong!

What Id rather be dooing!

Patrol

Post by Patrol »

Hey sorry if my race tale sounds bullish, but I only had my sx two years and i'm impressed, I just thought i share my experience on the sx forum.

it's s13 SR20DET, forged bottom end. well the head was stock, stock cams, nice turbo, well it goes lekker, busy fitting a set of cams now, so it should go even better.

it's the white s13 with the 18s.

http://www.rezlo.com/Pages/Cars/Cars.htm

Slide 'em Wide
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by Slide 'em Wide »

Ahh cos i was thinking if its stock that the other cars drove into something, Thats an impressive list of wounded there! nice! Thats a mean piece of machinery!

What Id rather be dooing!

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

'92 White S13

MyPRodOL
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by MyPRodOL »

Gary57 wrote:VC that is not always the case. My problem is, my car is so strong I really think I am at the limits of the motor now. The stock pistons are only good for "some say 200RwKw" which is where I am now and I would hate to blow the motor for 2mins of fun. Once I get my rebuild done with the proper parts then I will have no problem gunning it at will but right now I am too scared.
If you know its on the limit, then why put it there..... just de tune your car to a point where you don't have to worry about nailing it. rather that then having a strong sx that you can't really give the horns cause you might brake it... naah.

that guilty feeling after nailing your car, its SX syndrome guys.... he he

Its a real disease with medicine and doctors and all.

MyPRodOL
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by MyPRodOL »

what you don't believe him.....

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

If you know its on the limit, then why put it there..... just de tune your car to a point where you don't have to worry about nailing it. rather that then having a strong sx that you can't really give the horns cause you might brake it... naah.
I have that is why I run 0.8Bar everyday and only 1Bar on the odd occasion. I dont know if I am at the limit, I mean there are a few guys in AUS with 250RwKw on stock internals, but I would think so.
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

MyPRodOL
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by MyPRodOL »

Gary57 wrote:
I have that is why I run 0.8Bar everyday and only 1Bar on the odd occasion. I dont know if I am at the limit, I mean there are a few guys in AUS with 250RwKw on stock internals, but I would think so.
I hear you though.

its to lekke not use HI boost though. ha ha ha.

don't wana win a dude by a length, wana win by two lengths, so peep. HI BOOST!!!!

Bigtone

Post by Bigtone »

we did a top speed run at Ten Of The Best last year ..
standing start over 1 mile
we hit 186.8 MPH (I think that about 300 KPH)

this year it was over 1 Kilometre
we managed 165 MPH (about 265 KPH)