Coaching held for racers

News about upcoming events

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

ChemCool
SX Forumholic
Car: S13

Coaching held for racers

Post by ChemCool »

In my local Rekord news paper is the following invitation: Zwartkops Owners Club presents a driver coaching day on Jan 20th. According to Dave Hastie, the day is aimed at the novice who has never enjoyed the track driving experience.(like me). :oops:
The day will consist of a classroom session where the basics of car control, cornering,and breaking techn and track manners(for WooHaa and Snooby :lol: :lol: will be explained.This will be followed by practical sessions on the Zwartkop circut. Interested persons may phone Dave @
0128076644 or 0834180372. Toby, if this person can do it for general novices, what about we organize with him the sx club coaching where we as a club can get coached? 10 x sx's plus and practical on our own. Then from there on you can join the rest on open circuit??
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Then from there on you can join the rest on open circuit??
What you saying, I can't join the lesson? :-)

I sent the guy a message, will let you know what he says.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS :twisted: MUHUHUHAHAHAHA

tell him its The Blind Aids Hungry Orphan Sentra Club

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

i'd like some of that!

Post by qewrty »

Drivers coaching, now that sounds like a plan. Admittedly I haven't bothered with any theory so far, I never actually thought I'd own a turbo car let alone a S14 :)

Having had one or two unexpected drifts was fun but I'm sure it would be even better if I could control her...

I saw drivingdynamics.co.za's s&s on the road (stock with stickers). On the site they say you can organise a group event with lunch and everything.

Having had no previous advanced driving training I don't see how I could go wrong in trying to organise something with them.

Does anyone have any DVD's or ebooks on the subject? I read Toby's driving guide, made some sense but now I have to wait until my car can be fixed until I try any of those stunts.

My favourite and only extravagant maneuver is, I make a sharp corner with the clutch in and go to 2nd then release clutch with a heavy right foot..result: depending on how fast I was going screeching tires and the slight tug as the side comes out a bit..but once I over corrected and swerved all over the place and somehow it went straight..now if I only knew what I was doing it wouldn't have felt so scary, or so fun?

Rationality has taken over though and hence I prefer safety over fun. Well at least on the public roads that is. :shock: