Project - Evil D (L28... err... RB25 scratch that CA18.... nope wrong again swapped SilEighty)

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Re: Project - Evil D (L28... err... RB25 swapped SilEighty)

Post by Riekert »

Moar?

Going to attempt LED restomod on these... and possibly start selling if there is a market for them.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Ok...so you have most of the goodies...when are you assembling?

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Draco wrote:Ok...so you have most of the goodies...when are you assembling?
Staring month end. Need some bucks to buy paint.

Also need some clutch bolts etc. So ja....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Cool...I'm looking forward!

Riekert
The Overlord

Re: Project - Evil D (L28... err... RB25 scratch that CA18 swapped SilEighty)

Post by Riekert »

Long time no update again.

Gonna spam pics again. hahaha

aka The Overlord

Riekert
The Overlord

Re: Project - Evil D (L28... err... RB25 scratch that CA18 swapped SilEighty)

Post by Riekert »

Well shit... almost another year...

however

This time I've actually stuck to a plan...

I will be doing a writeup here this weekend of my progress so far... and what still had to be done....

So hold on to your socks because this is gonna be a maaaaassssssiiiiivvveee update!

YAS!

aka The Overlord

Riekert
The Overlord

Re: Project - Evil D (L28... err... RB25 scratch that CA18.... nope wrong again swapped SilEighty)

Post by Riekert »

Ok so this has been a long time coming... With Covid giving many people the finger it was time to get my self into the right space of mind to get this sorted once and for all.

I had lots of time to thing this build through and what I want to achieve with it. Previously I wanted to do lots and lots of things, and didn't stick to any of them as deep down I knew it wasn't what I wanted.

My goal with my S13 was always to build something unique, thus the first Sileighty (OEM mind you) conversion in South Africa. Then a few others follows suit, Jade and Heinz owns the other 3 Sileighty's in South Africa (Aftermarket Front ends) And they look damn awesome.

Then it came to motor choice. Initially I want set on running a SR20DET from the get go. So I did that. It broke... and so crushed my dreams... haha ok ok that's to dramatic. But it did upset me as I was just not keen to work on the car any more.

Then came another SR... I then helped a friend with some parts off of it, and ended up selling it.

After that came a L28. I was like yeah, this is unique no one has done that swap in a S13 before, especially in south africa, however that too was then stopped because a damn good deal on a RB25DET popped up that I couldn't miss.

L28 Sold and RB25 bought... then came the hunt for a gearbox. Unfortunately life also got in the way and I ended up not being able to afford a gearbox for the RB (Cheapest RB Box I could find was R18k 0.o) So ended up selling the RB again...

After this I found a good deal on a turbo, ECU, gearbox and CA18DET motor... pretty much everything I needed to get the car running... But still something was missing... Going back to stock CA meant I'll be back at square one. and that's not where I wanted to be. Yes it would've got the car running sooner but is that what I wanted? Well yes. and No.

So I put the CA up for sale... and less than a week later it SOLD!
[CA Setup]

Now the wheels are in motion for the final form. Bwhahahaha!

[insert cell/ma-jinn boo final form]

New motor bought... then the hunt for the rest ensued.
[sneak peak]

Engine and gearbox mounts sourced, then propshaft, ecu, wiring harness and gearbox sourced. Got a damn good deal on the gearbox too!
[more pics]

So it all is falling in place!!!

Had a bit of time off over December... So tried to get a few things done. :D

Resprayed the engine bay with some rattle can spray... didn't come out to bad...
[engine bay pic]

Sprayed some more parts :) Not that anyone will be able to see them... but still.
[insert parts]

Finished my engine mounting and got the rubber bushings....

Final couple of things I need is the brake and clutch lines. (Waiting for payday to buy the tools and the hardware :D) clutch slave cylinder as well as to mod the propshaft a tiny bit.

But yeah... The motor went in yesterday... not a fun job to do on your own. But it's in.

[motor pic]

Was pretty straight forward. Everything just bolted up.

Im super excited!!!

aka The Overlord

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Re: Project - Evil D (L28... err... RB25 scratch that CA18.... nope wrong again swapped SilEighty)

Post by widowmaker »

YAAAY! ITS STILL ALIVEish!

Howdee people, loooooong time no speak!

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

widowmaker wrote:YAAAY! ITS STILL ALIVEish!

Howdee people, loooooong time no speak!
Wow! You are still alive too!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

aka The Overlord

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

:D :D :D