Replacing (how to) Help.

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

SMKNG ACE
0.2 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Replacing (how to) Help.

Post by SMKNG ACE »

Hey guys.

So i finally got my CA mobile again and i have decided to replace the hoses on the engine.
Anyone that has done this and what type of hoses/clamps and so on to give me some info on it pls.
and where in Cape Town can i go and buy the hoses required to do this.

I suspect and seen some of them has become hard and starting to crack so i want to replace them asap.
I also suspect it that there is a boost leak because of this.

Thanx in advance
[smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]
Last edited by SMKNG ACE on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gary57
Club Rep

Re: Replacing (how to) Help.

Post by Gary57 »

You can buy a full silicone hose kit for the CA18, Autobahn88 kit is really good quality. As for the hoses the Wurth hose clamps are brilliant.
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

SMKNG ACE
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by SMKNG ACE »

Thanks
I think i already own one just need to fit it If it is the same as the one here (http://siliconehose-uk.com/shop/en/366- ... 134-b.html)

I bought it from ACT Performance SA but never got around to fit it. :)

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

Getting to the pipes with the motor in place is going to be very difficult. Ca18 has like 20 water pipes.
Hot Plates are Sexy

SMKNG ACE
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by SMKNG ACE »

yes Rat ,exactly why i did not do it yet.

I am gona save some cash and do the engine completely and then do the pipes.

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

common ca18 problem, Ive replaced many hoses and clamps already on mine and every now and then the next weakest hose will go, best thing to do is get a complete silicon hose kit for complete peace of mind and i recommend the wurth hose clamps aswell, when i removed my intake manifold for polishing i did quite a bit of tidying up on the coolant hoses, removed the the throttle body hoses and welded up the nipples for the throttle body hoses from the outlets on the coolant rails (throttle heater hoses only necessary for snowy climates to prevent TB from freezing shut, my heater hoses to interior are also disconnected which makes things simpler, less hoses the better in my opinion, but i only drive the car weekends so not too worried about luxury, just want it neat and reliable, normally you can find hoses at any auto shop, just take with samples and find something that will work. all the hoses can be changed with intake on, so don't stress, it may be a little difficult in places but i have done it in the past without too much trouble, also Ive loosened off the alternator and let it lay down to get in there behind.

hope you come right.

SMKNG ACE
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by SMKNG ACE »

Thanx troopiec i will certanly have a look at it as i do have the hose kit.
[smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

lol speak of the devil, took my car to work this morning as i usually do on a Friday, luckily i dont work far from home about 8km up the main road, i just pulled into my works parking area and i smelt fresh antifreeze, popped the hood and found some coolant spraying out from under the intake, knew already exactly what it was :facepalm: luckily it had just burst as i arrived to work and i only lost about 400ml of coolant, after work i got a lift home and came back with my brother and changed the hose with a new hose i had at home (i collect them basically because of this) swapped it back at work and topped up and bled coolant, all ok, luckily it happend at my destination and no harm was caused, but i know alot of guys that took small coolant leaks for granted and got stuck in traffic and forgot and bam there goes the head gasket of even the head :roll:

Just a little eye opener, get those leaks sorted asap.

SMKNG ACE
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by SMKNG ACE »

I will buddy. Good to hear that your car is still fine. I use to bust the radiator pipes because of age.I did replace them and all seems well.
I want to replace my radiator because i know it is not very good but is holding for now.

I just dont know where to find a replacement but i might know of a place and will have a look.