injector sizes?

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

300sx
0.8 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Re: injector sizes?

Post by 300sx »

how is ca18det stock ecu different from a sr20 stock ecu?? very little difference between management..

ca18's only curse was a small turbo.. not that it mattered for what it was built for, i well remember when my s13 was new, it ran off the clock with ease..
300zx fairlady 1991
200sx s13 with vg30det @ 1bar

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

Yes please how mutch do you want for it? The regulator that is.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

ag guess you can just have it dude
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

robldepo
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by robldepo »

thanks a lot man really aprreciate it i stil, have to pop around to your place looks like the car is semi sorted out now but over fueling at the moment and that's with the OE fuel pump somehow somewhere they managed to increase the fuel pressure but i have no idee how, there is no tel tale sighns that i can see.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

it could be the regulator not opening. come around we will sort the over fueling out one shot
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Sorry Sonofanarchy, gonna screw up ur sale, my advice is to get a proper after market one where you can also see the fuel pressure.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

not gonna screw it up considering im giving it to him but i agree with you but on a tight budget which most of us are on free stuff is better than stuff that makes u open your wallet :mrgreen: [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

True....been there done that....do so still unfortunately...

Grobblere
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by Grobblere »

I have had both the stock Sr20de managements and the ca18det managements, the ca18det managements are ALLOT more prone to giving errors with the water sensors and the knock sensors causing them to go into limp mode. The Sr20de managment could cope with heavy mods like cams ans, whereby it would adjust to the new hardware (If you installed cams then the car might die once, but then never again) The only problem with the sr's where the air flow meters which tended to die after 200 000 km's+.

When the ca motors gets flooded they are extremely hard to restart. They are also sensative to high fuel pressures with the stock management and hard to start should there be an issue in this regard (Even with a new pump on stock regulators)