News about upcoming events

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Captian
Over Boosting
Car: Other
Engine: 1JZ

Vita Nova Run 14 April

Post by Captian »

This is a short breakfast run to the Vita Nova Centre in order to give them some support, in form of donations. They accept any sort of old clothes, food, and basic cleaning agents. They are also registered as a Tax donations institution and take cash donations as well.
We will have a bring and braai afterwards.

Date: 14 April 2012

Time: We need to be there 8:45 (Seperate convoys from different areas will be arranged)

What to bring: Donations for example: Toilet paper, Jeyes fluid, dishwashing liquid, old clothes, canned food, coffee, tee, sugar etc.

Also bring: Your own stuff for the bring and braai afterwards.

Address of the centre for those who don't come in convoy or get lost:
1 FISHEAGLE ST DAGGAFONTEIN SPRINGS
GPS COORDINATES: S26(DEG) 17.648M/E 028deg 29.574M
MrMazda wrote:People who want to make a donation & receive a tax receipt please email Michelle Immelman (Directer)

immelman@eject.co.za
She'll provide you with banking details & procedures to get tax receipts. Due to all banking fraud etc I'm reluctant to put banking details onto an open forum.
MrMazda wrote: http://www.mazdaownersclub.co.za/viewto ... =12&t=6420

This was last year's event. Hopefully it will be a sunny day.
I've stepped down from Vita Nova management to enable me to get more involved with National Disability Sector Structures, but I still handle finances @ VNC.
We've budgetted for a deficit of R 2.5m this year. In prior years gov has increased subsidies, but there are no increases this year other than the slight increase in disability grants/ pensions.
What we really need is food & cleaning stuff, old clothes would be most welcome to.
This is really something to experience. Last year's event was difficult to watch since the rain forced us indoors & space was a huge problem.
Vita Nova Centre was established in the 1970s as a residential care facility for severely mentally & physically disables persons on the East Rand. After the formation of Muriel Brand School by the late Mrs brand & her co-concerned friends the need for a centre such as Vita Nova was realised.
"Life is simple.You make choices,and you don't look back."Han-Tokyo Drift

"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price.
It's not tragic to die doing what you love" Bodhi-Point Break