Going fast in a straight line

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Grobblere
0.6 Bar Boost
Car: S13

A little bit of CA18 Bragging

Post by Grobblere »

Hi Guys

Got some runs in with my car on low boost....

Was driving on the highway @100km/h when i saw a cars lights flashing everyone to get out of the way and coming on strong, so i put foot down and as he approached me my speed started to pick up,when he was next to me i saw it was a golf 7 Gti,...needless to say i started pulling away but tapped off :-)

Then today i went to take my dad for a drive and got a Bmw 1200GS bike wanting to play...I pulled away normally from a robot and changed to second when i saw the bike starting to accelerating next to me so i put foot down, he just went passed me because of my delayed reaction but i started reeling him in when he was at past my front fender, if i only i could of gone 3rd but we tapped off because there was a turn ahead of us....Saw the guy constantly looking at the sx as he was laying down and gunning the bike....pretty sure he was amazed and did not expect this to happen.

We climbed onto the highway and i saw in my rear view a black Ferrari F360 cabrio approaching, i changed lanes and started to accelerate a bit to get my speed up, when the Ferrari was right next to me i dumped so that he would hear,i let him pass me and i moved in behind him, not long and he bit on my hook, i saw him putting his foot down and i gladly followed a few moments later 8) I stayed right on his tail but my revs where a bit low for the turbo as we only went for it for about 100m, i should of geared down. Could of passed him but also tapped off because there was a Metro car ahead...

The only let down is that most people will think its running a 6 or something....

Then on my way back home i saw a white 200sx in Centurion, Jean ave with green rear mags..Who’s car is it?
Last edited by Grobblere on Sun May 12, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

Re: A little bit of CA18 Bragging

Post by fuzz123 »

Seems like you had a fun day! Well done man!

Its amazing how many people underestimate the sx's just because they dont know what it is!

Do you have a project thread for your car? Or done much to it?

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

nice dude that rebuild is paying off
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Grobblere
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by Grobblere »

Thanks guys! Now just to line up a M5/M6 or a GTR to compare..hopefully i can make a video...It will be a good guide to establish the performance even if they roast me on high boost.

Here is the thread Fuzz123 but it needs some updating, yip i really like the reactions....if a SX is really nice, clean and polish it really gets allot of attraction!
http://200sx.za.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6777

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

ja bud get us a video next time
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Grobblere
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by Grobblere »

I skimped at my friend to borrow his Gopro...but we are arranging a race with a GTR,...will definitely need to take a vid of that...i just need to connect my launch control! :-D

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Ya come buddy..it's time to represent...