200sx vs VW R32

Going fast in a straight line

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Just_Cruzn
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

200sx vs VW R32

Post by Just_Cruzn »

Thought it was a GTI, because i have seen a people in cape town do the whole R32 rear tail pipe conversion.

we are next to one another cruzing in 2nd gear, next thing i hear the VW come to life, so i push my pedal flat to the floor.

2nd gear he is about 1 and a half cars ahead, change to 3rd and i start pulling him in then we had to slow down because the robots caught us.

hoot and roll down the window, begin talking to the guy, "nice gti, quiet fast, i want to see what will happen from 1st gear" the guy just looks at me and says "it's a R32 and sure we can see what happens"

i roll up the window, but just enough so i can hear the r32's engine (never heard one before)

I was so excited to race a r32, must win :)

robots go green r32 shoots me off the line...haha, :facepalm: he must of at least been 3/4's of a car in front, change to 2nd and i am reeling him in, as i change to 3rd im next to him (the r32 sounded quite stock, probably was) and i overtake him (i look into my rear view mirror and see the shiny r32 badge), when i changed to 4th i think he began slowing down, because there was a wide sweeping bend up ahead, i braved the corner, tires squealed a bit but the car handled the corner like a champ (no not a champ bakkie hahah).

The robots caught as again and all i remember him saying was he top speed was "300km/h" and i just replied "my car is only a 1800...with a turbo"

I did some research on the r32, apparently they have a similar drive train like the new golf R's, some sort of four wheel drive set up.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Re: 200sx vs VW R32

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

haha nice one dude
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

Driven a few. The gti with 147kw feels quicker then the 188kw r32.

R32 is heavy with the 4wd and the v6.

4wd always get of the line quick but 20yr old Sx catching up is awesome.
Hot Plates are Sexy

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Good stuff!!

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR