How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15
Engine: SR

FrankenZteins back!

Post by DriftZ »

Howzit guys, im saying sorry now becuse this is a bit of a long story.. sorry..

ok ive met a couple of you already ( Durban members - namely RBSX and GARY57 ) but today my SX arrived, so i feel the need to introduce myself properly. Basically ive been into cars for about 10 years, but ive been really interested in drifting for the last 4 years or so. Ive never quite had the right car for it, i feel confident in the reasearch ive done and friends ive spoken to, that the S13 SX is the right tool for the job:)

Although having said that.. my SX arrived today and its a sorry looking car if ever i saw one. for one i'll openly admit its my fault for buying a car without even seeing it in person. but then i thought i'd take a chance because the guy i was dealing with sounded honest enough - FAIL!

Basically the car is straight. but its got a fair amount of small deep dings. loose bumpers, interior is loose too, and it smells like a hobo has been living in it for a few weeks. Window rubbers are dodgy as hell, front right headlight has been smashed and broken, dodgy pipework, dead battery, its not running, ... bla bla

but at the same time it has a few things going for it. SR20 with Aries Pistons, new T3 T4 Power Master Turbo, Gotech... and no rust. so the plan is still on. im gonna completely strip it and start again. ive got arunaround car so this can be a project car for now. But im hoping to be on the road and on some of your tails in 4 months MAX!

So basically if you guys want stock parts like mud gaurds, rear wiper system, back seats and mirrors etc etc get hold of me, im tossing all that kind of heavy stuff out. At the moment the SX is at Auto Trix in Durban. The guys there are gonna get the Gotech up and running properly and then it'll be buried in my garage until the resurection is atleast semi completed in a few months time.

Cheers
Last edited by DriftZ on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by Sokar »

Welcome!

Post a few pics, lets see how the car looks! Did you buy from anyone on the forum?

Dont worry, it will all be worth it in the end! My S13 also has a SR20DET with a T3/T4, its a potent combination for power, but the lag is a bit heavy, but thats easy to sort out!

Oh, and if you gonna strip the interior, I'd be interested in the front left kick panel (the one that covers the stock ECU)
Captain Slow to the rescue!

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Welcome man,

Im also putting in a SR20DET motor at the moment, cant wait to get it running.....

All of the luck to your new quest....sure you will have loads of fun!
Rolling Thunder..........

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

Howsit

I wil check you soon maybe? coming to the track day in pmb?
Hot Plates are Sexy

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

Cool thanks okes

yhe Rat, apparently i'll meet you guys up at Roy Hesketh this weekend:)

200TS EC
Slipping Clutch

Post by 200TS EC »

Great!

Post some Pictures..

Where did you buy it?

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

i bought it off an ad on Gumtree for 50k. I'll post some photos tomorow, but honestly it isnt worth looking at right now... :( but soon. Because of its current shoddy state im cosidering a ground up rebuild, ..anyone not busy on weekends, ha :)

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I can do all the mechanicals and know a good panel beater who wont charged the earth...

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

DriftZ wrote:i bought it off an ad on Gumtree for 50k. I'll post some photos tomorow, but honestly it isnt worth looking at right now... :( but soon. Because of its current shoddy state im cosidering a ground up rebuild, ..anyone not busy on weekends, ha :)
R50k, and its in the condition you describe? What made you go for it in the end? Please post pics anyways, its good to get the info out there!
Captain Slow to the rescue!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

hey man...

i think i might know who you are? which means you know who i am!

yeah - 50k for a car in a sorry state is a bit of a bummer, but it sounds like your plans on on track (scuse the pun) for a great car!!!

i'm also swapping in an sr20det, and i've really been looking forward to it, although i've had many setbacks!

go see my articles page for a ground up rebuild, and feel free to ask anyone advice! project SDC is also another articles page for a REAL ground up rebuild!

good luck man and please post pics!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

Sorry im a real noob at this, so i dunno how to upload my pics.

The main reason i got the SX was the motor, i thought it'd be a good base to build from, and the other reason ...i had a good feeling about this particular SX.. so i blame it on my gut feel! But atleast this way i'll know the car's been built right, or atleast i'll have a better understanding of it learning through the rebuild process. And besides, most of the broken stuff i had plans to replace or throw away anyhow. So im still happy:)

Yhe Veecee, shot for the mounts:)

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

no problems dude!!!

hope the rebuild goes well, without hiccups!!!

post pics in the articles section.

you need to upload your pics to a pics host site like photobucket, and then copy the IMG link into your posts!

good luck!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

ok here are some pics. we havent got the Go-tech to work yet, but my fingers crossed.

you can see some of the dodgy areas on the body, but like i said the car is pretty straight otherwise. im going to need a new front windscreen rubber, anyone know where i can get this? As for the motor, some of the pipes are crimped in places, cracked and its just generally a bit messy. Although maybe im just being over fussy.

Any comments good or bad welcome...

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Love the top mount turbo 8) .

Yeah it is in shabby condition but nothing that cant be fixed hey, a bit of TLC and some paint and it will come right.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Must say, I would have been pissed if I payed K50 for that, I sold mine for K50 and it was in much better nick(see pick in my signiture)

Must say, the engine and turbo looks good exept for the intake pipe....damn....what did they think.....sort out some stuff and youll have a beast :wink: