Bucket Seats

Discuss your In-car entertainment, interior accessories, and body kits here.

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

PAKIMONSTER
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Bucket Seats

Post by PAKIMONSTER »

I'm shopping for some seats and it seems like everyone has their own opinion on what I should get. So I thought I'd ask you guys. Who has what and what your impressions are.

So far 3 different suppliers recommended 3 different seats. I was told Cobra Monaco Pro by one, OMP TRS-E by another and OMP WRC by a 3rd. The last one is apparently the only seat that would fit into an SX taking the width between the tunnel and sill into consideration.

I don't want to buy crap, so I'm willing to spend a little to get a quality seat. I want something safe and comfy with side support that won't make me tired. It will mainly be for track use, so FIA approved only...
There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and owning an SX the most certain.

Gary57
Club Rep

Re: Bucket Seats

Post by Gary57 »

Go to ATS and find one that is most comfortable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

PAKIMONSTER
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by PAKIMONSTER »

If it was that easy I would be sitting in mine making whoosh noises already. Seeing as I'm in PE and no one here stock anything proper they will need to order specifically for me. So I'll have to buy without ever having sampled the goods and that I do not really want to do.

I was in CT last week and I visited G and A promotions and they indicated that I should go for the OMP TR-E seat. The sales guy had it in his car and he said he was happy with it from a comfort vs. cost vs. support point of view. I also contacted ATS and according to them the only seat that will fit into and SX taking the width of the floor pan into consideration is the OMP WRC. The other seats are all too wide apparently.

Quite a lot of guys overseas have fitted the WRC seat and it seems like most of them are happy with it. There where a few complaints but you can't always please everyone I suppose.
There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and owning an SX the most certain.

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

I bought a Cobra Monaco - great seat and would definitely fit in the car, but my hips were too wide to fit in it (And I have a 32/34 waist)
There is no simple answer for this, you have to see in what seat you fit.

I do have a set of Recaro SRD seats from an Evo 4.....not sure what I am going to do with them. Will most likely end up selling them.
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image

PAKIMONSTER
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by PAKIMONSTER »

Might be heading up to JHB in a few weeks so might just stay a day longer and go shop a little. Sucks not having anywhere here to go to get proper stuff...

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Enzio wrote:I bought a Cobra Monaco - great seat and would definitely fit in the car, but my hips were too wide to fit in it (And I have a 32/34 waist)
There is no simple answer for this, you have to see in what seat you fit.

I do have a set of Recaro SRD seats from an Evo 4.....not sure what I am going to do with them. Will most likely end up selling them.
what you doing with the Cobra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

Swopped it
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image