Plasti Dip

Discuss your In-car entertainment, interior accessories, and body kits here.

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Plasti Dip

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

Has anyone tried it? is it easy and does it look good im thinking of doing my rims
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

Re: Plasti Dip

Post by fuzz123 »

I have used it twice now, and I must say that I like it!

Apply it properly and the finish looks good, and whats best about it is that it peels off easily. I would apply atleast 5-8 coats on the wheels, just to ensure it is strong enough.

You should buy it from the head office in the West rand (http://www.plastidipsa.co.za/), it is a bit cheaper and they (mostly) have loads of stock available! The people selling it is also very decent and very willing to help explain the process of applying.

Buy a can and try it, if you like it then just buy more :D

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Looks interesting....

Laters Riekert
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

phoenix s14
Over Boosting

Post by phoenix s14 »

I bought 6 cans of black @ R100 a can. if anyone wants to buy it off me. Bought it to do a friends rims and then he dropped me so R600 for 6 cans so you can re-apply if needed. LOL! great stuff this plastidip. works so easy.
Weight kills all the fun - Jeremy Clarkson

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

phoenix s14 wrote:I bought 6 cans of black @ R100 a can. if anyone wants to buy it off me. Bought it to do a friends rims and then he dropped me so R600 for 6 cans so you can re-apply if needed. LOL! great stuff this plastidip. works so easy.
Might take. Couple month end

Laters Riekert
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

sly gxi
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: Other

Post by sly gxi »

this stuff is great, becarefull with the white tho, it does stain,. this is how my lip on my rim came out.

URL=http://photostand.co.za/viewer.php?file ... y0hjpx.jpg]Image[/URL]

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

nice
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Adrian
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Adrian »

seen it on my mates scooby.. not bad stuff not sure what will happen from a stone chip thou.. dont need it to unwrap itself driving down the high way

azzkikr
Slipping Clutch

Post by azzkikr »

Polo engine cover done in matt white
Polo engine cover done in matt white
The plastidip products are basically a dissolved rubber/latex compound. The stuff is incredible! Iv purchased a plastidip application machine and a few odds and ends after using it a bit in the tin form from builders warehouse. It isn't like vinyl that shrinks or stretches leaving nasty glue marks on your paintwork, it maintains its rubbery texture so it expands and contracts with the bodywork of your car. Touchups to scratches, etc are very simple, and will be unnoticeable. The car can be washed with a pressure washer, the product is very durable and tough, and can be washed with conventional carwash/detailing soaps as you would wash paintwork.
The colours available ar awesome, and just about any colour can be mixed, from clear to full blown metallics and pearls. Iv done a few taillights and interior trim panels the last few weeks, will add some pics to show what it looks like. Will be painting the wifes daily drive pink over the next weekend. Only problem with the product is that the "blaze" colours, the colours with luminescence in them don't seem to last much longer than 5 or 6 months in the sun, but metallics, etc last as long as you want them to, as with paintwork, the better maintained the product is, the longer it will last. Anyone wanting advice or some work done with Plastidip, give me a shout!

Tried uploading pics... Need to somehow resize but don't know how...

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

phoenix s14 wrote:I bought 6 cans of black @ R100 a can. if anyone wants to buy it off me. Bought it to do a friends rims and then he dropped me so R600 for 6 cans so you can re-apply if needed. LOL! great stuff this plastidip. works so easy.
Still have? Wanna get 2 from you

Laters Riekert

aka The Overlord

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Riekert wrote:
Still have? Wanna get 2 from you

Laters Riekert
Bump

Laters Riekert

aka The Overlord

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

they mine Kriekert lol sorry

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

SonOfAnarchy ZA wrote:they mine Kriekert lol sorry
Damn. Sponser me two please man. can't find it in my shit town

Laters Riekert

aka The Overlord

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

dont you have builders warehouse there

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by fuzz123 »

Did some TSW Mags with plasti dip yesterday:

I was quite impressed with the outcome and how easy it really was to do it :D