Discussion of Managements and Mapping

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

antman
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: Other
Engine: VG

NISTUNE Tuners in JHB

Post by antman »

Anyone know of tuners who can tune NISTUNE in the gauteng area.
Thanks

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Re: NISTUNE Tuners in JHB

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

no one that does it for a living but try speaking to pink fluffy bunny on the forum
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

Why you asking Tony?
197rwkw ,376nm

antman
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by antman »

Hi Charl...I am toying with getting Nistune for the 300. I have a Unichip on the shelf, nistune and gotech in the back of my mind. Need something tuneable for the mods I have. What are you using?

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Thought you knew I'm running Nistune. Started playing around again over the weekend, its time to get the map 100%.
197rwkw ,376nm

antman
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by antman »

Ok....How do you find tuning nistune? do you tune it yourself? do you need a degree in computer science to understand and use it? I prefer the plug in type management systems like nistune and Haltech......I have done a bit of tuning on Gotech on VW's in the past and was able to get the car running well on and off boost but without afr gauges etc... it was a little hit and miss.

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

antman wrote:Ok....How do you find tuning nistune? do you tune it yourself? do you need a degree in computer science to understand and use it? I prefer the plug in type management systems like nistune and Haltech......I have done a bit of tuning on Gotech on VW's in the past and was able to get the car running well on and off boost but without afr gauges etc... it was a little hit and miss.
Well I do have a degree in computer science but I don't think that helps at all. :facepalm: :D :D
The way u see it, tuning is tuning, although the tools might differ the principals stays the same. I don't know Gotech but doubt that it will differ that much in basics you will just have a lot more tunable factors in Nistune seeing that you are actually tuning the std Nissan ecu.
You will definitely need at least one wideband, you can use the narrow band feedbacks via consult but they are very erratic.
You should be able to figure it out, but you've got my number.
197rwkw ,376nm

antman
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by antman »

Thanks for the offer Charl....I ordered a Innovate AFR kit and was wondering what your thoughts are on this...replacing the stock O2 sensors and fitting 2 wideband O2 sensors, powering them both as normal and having a switch to switch the output sensor wire from left bank to right bank using the one guage mainly when tuning. Is it a worth while effort in your opinion?

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

Innovate is great. You can't put wb sensors were the std sensors go, they can't handle the heat. Just put one on the one zorst round 300mm from the turbo. You can check with consult wether the banks are running equal.
197rwkw ,376nm