Heat gauge reading?

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

Re: Heat gauge reading?

Post by Draco »

Yes but not excessively hard, if it starts swelling over the normal amount either the pipes are old and needs to be replaced or there is still a heat problem, the fact that your gauge reads normal indicates that things should be normal. Remember these cars are old and the pipes took a lot of beating, especially because you had heating problems.

To be safe, replace the water temp sensor and the pipes.

Carsono
Slipping Clutch

Post by Carsono »

Pipes definitely needs to be replaced from wat I can c.been to nissan.top is R800 and bottom almost R1000 bit steep for 2 pipes.been to the spares shop guys tell me pipes are fine no need to replace them.but I insisted I wana buy new.they dont have stock.tried everywhere!!!iv checked the pipes on my np200 and even my mums almera pressure and hardness seems to.be the same on my sx.but still have that doubt in my head.

Carsono
Slipping Clutch

Post by Carsono »

My the car didnt actually over heat to.the red mark I stopped it b4 it goes ryt up.iv driven the car few times now no.heating problems.infact its just below the halfway mark(4th line).so most part off me is happy jst wana know if my pipes are normal pressure.every time I drive the car nowdays my eyes is on.the heat gauge lol.and everytime I stop the car I open the bonnet to check a the pipes thats how paranoid I am about these pipes.can u point me to a cheaper direction?nissan is too expensive

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

You won't get the specific pipes unless you import or buy from the stealers(nissan), I went to several places and took what I could make work, as long as there is no restriction just connect A to B.