Extended wheel studs for s13?

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Extended wheel studs for s13?

Post by troopiec »

Anyone fitted or bought good quality extended wheel studs for s13 before? I see online ARP makes them but in 1.50 pitch, standard is 1.25, so dont want to have to buy new wheel nuts aswell, if theres locally available it would be cool, i would like to fit spacers but i know with 6mm and above you need extended studs to have safe thread contract with nut

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Re: Extended wheel studs for s13?

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

I will be getting soon for my car I'm just going to get normal high tensile studs should do the trick
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

Post by fuzz123 »

The local bolt and nut places should have the correct pitch, I found the problem to be the back end where it fits into the hub to be the problem. On the S14 the original size was 14mm and the local guys made theirs between 13.6mm and 13.8mm which means its loose at the hub end. So if you go to a local bolt shop I would suggest to take something with to measure everything before you take them.

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

Howzit guys, shot for the replies, did some research and calling around today, the bolt and nut shops dont have in s13 specs however they can make up hardened wheel studs in whatever specs for R50 each, ouch thats R400 for a set of 8...

but yes regarding the sizes, stock s13 front and rear spec is :

Thread - M12 - 1.25
Knurl diameter (spline piece that locks into hub) - 12.85mm
length - 41.5mm (im not sure if this includes or excludes shoulder length)
shoulder length - 14mm (before thread starts)

this is all info i found online, s14 rear lugs have spline/ knurl diameter same as s13 however the front is 14.30mm.

FRSport also verifys above info with their studs for sale, pricing is cheap overseas but shipping is also an issue. I would like to run 10mm hubcentric spacers infront so i definitely need some extended wheel studs.

GameBoy
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by GameBoy »

Studs or lug nuts?

I fitted extended Blox lug nuts 1.5mm (R550) to my standard studs (4) on 9J rims, fits fine...

PM your number and I can whatsapp u pics.
Project : 92 Nissan 200SX - CA18DET, TD04, FMIC, 440cc Deatschwerks Injectors, KTS Coilovers, Black 17" CCW (ESM 007) Reps with blue BLOX wheelnuts, AFPR & High Flow 320LPH FP

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

@GameBoy hey dude im talking about the wheel studs, as im going to fit wheel spacers the studs need to be extended so that the lug nuts still have enough thread to safely grip, width of wheel doesnt effect the mounting thread point, but the wheel spacer does. But thanks

GameBoy
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by GameBoy »

I should have stated mine is a 1.5mm stud, I also thought it was supposed to be a 1.25mm but mine is apparently stock. Guessing different year models might have had different sizes.

I had spacers on my car, but rim sat out too much for my liking on 9J rim. I can send you pics with spacers and without. It had enough thread on my studs with the spacer as well. I will double check spacer size when I get home.
Project : 92 Nissan 200SX - CA18DET, TD04, FMIC, 440cc Deatschwerks Injectors, KTS Coilovers, Black 17" CCW (ESM 007) Reps with blue BLOX wheelnuts, AFPR & High Flow 320LPH FP

GameBoy
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by GameBoy »

Pics without spacer on stock 1.5mm studs - took of left side as had better lighting in basement.

Left Front:

Left Rear:

Left Side:

BLOX 1.5mm extended lug nuts:

I will take better pic later to show loads of meat on studs, with and without spacer on stock studs. Battery low on my phone, so no flash.

I got a set of Ray's Wheels 1.25mm lugnuts for you to test and spare 1.5mm BLOX 1.5mm Extended lug nuts for you to test before you buy. I would suggest double checking stud width to check if u got 1.25mm and 1.5mm.