Ca18det clutch upgrade options

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Ca18det clutch upgrade options

Post by troopiec »

Hey guys i want to know your thoughts and experiences with clutch upgrade options for a lightly worked ca18det, im stage 2 now and hopefully at about 200kw on the fly but my clutch is on its way out and slips on launch and snap changes.

I can get a oem Valeo clutch kit for R1800 but not sure if that'll just be a waste of money as it may start to slip again in near future. Then the other option is i can go to Ferobrake and have my current clutch rebuilt to perhaps a 5puk copper clutch and reinforce the the pressure plate and they also charge about R1600. My friend has a e36 m3 and they did his clutch and is holding up well, but I've heard bad experiences with custom copper clutches aswell so I'm not sure? Anyone's input or experiences would be great to hear, i don't want to spend R4000+ on a brand performance clutch as itl be a waste if i do motor swap in future.

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Re: Ca18det clutch upgrade options

Post by jdm200sx »

Hey bro. I have my old button clutch from import motor with flywheel for you if u want to experiement with

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well-preserved piece...but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and defiantly shouting "wow, what a ride."

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Re: Ca18det clutch upgrade options

Post by troopiec »

Yes please