SOLVED! Boost levels eratic on boost tap controller

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Drillergy
SX Forumholic
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Re: SOLVED! Boost levels eratic on boost tap controller

Post by Drillergy »

troopiec wrote:well great news! my problem is fixed, after alot of research and discussions with a few tuners the next item for inspection was the wastegate (excell 38mm) which i bought second hand in very good physical appearance and was told that it was used for a week and never opened, well i took his word for it at the time and never suspected it to be a problem until my one wastegate stud snapped off and i thought while it was off let me send it in to excell for a service, heres what they found:

home made grinded spring fitted which was completely wrong size in diameter aswell making the piston move skew:

and here you see that the wastegate seals were greased which apparently causes the seals and piston not to work correctly as according to excell they are special seals which are made to operate dry.

so after R550 for new spring, serice, machining, seals etc etc, i put the wastegate back on and shes holding boost steady hot and cold :D no more eratic boost creep or boost drop, so happy [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]
Hi. Pls can you provide me with contact details for excell. I'm experiencing similar problems with boost spikes while cold.

Thanks
D

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

who did you buy the wastegate from?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Drillergy
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Drillergy »

Mical but I suspecting the spring was changed from a 0.9bar to a point 0.6bar.

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

@ Drillergy

PM sent

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

troopiec wrote:@ Drillergy

PM sent
Is it top secret that you sent it via PM? :facepalm: LOL please share here so that others can also benifit from the details :D
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

troopiec
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by troopiec »

Hahaha, it's the dudes cell number, never spoke to him personally so dunno if he wants me putting his cell number out for the world but it is on his website anyways, I'll put up the details next time I'm on my pc